2010 was

A hectic year filled with lots of party planning, hen parties, weddings, anticipation for weddings, crazy running around, travelling, more growing up (it's not gonna stop, is it?), and the usual what nots.

Hens parties, Weddings...

It all pretty much began this year, the wedding of peers my age. Definitely something that will be continuing into the new year and to the next couple of years!

The list of 'weddings' on my phone just keeps growing. Wow weee.

All the weddings also saw me globe trotting (and as someone put it, increasing my carbon footprint) a bit towards the end of the year. I was on a flight pretty much once a week from the week before I flew off to Malaysia until just before Christmas.

Boy, does the ground feel so good to be on :P heheh.

And then there's the part about growing up..

I just finished updating my expenditure spreadsheet for the year, 2010.

I have increased my spending by 6k. Argh... >< Savings depletion... Like I have said, ever since hopping onto my flight back to Malaysia on Oct 15, I have had absolutely NO savings since then! How absurd :(. Here I thought I was doing a pretty awesome job of saving.. Hah.. not.

So one of my resolutions for the new year?
SPEND LESS!!!! SAVE MORE!

I have saved LESS than half of what I aimed to save. In addition, I saved $3000 LESS than what I saved on a lower pay.. Shocking. Oh well, but I have to say, the money was well spent :) heheh. Or so I say *rolls eyes*. I sure thoroughly enjoyed the travels though. Definitely without a doubt!

I think one of the biggest lessons I have learnt in 2010, is that my desire for certain things was being projected wrongly.

It was a bit of a "I want what they have" and a mis-translation of what I really wanted.

I am still learning that what I plan or hope for may not necessarily materialise, but still.. one can dream right? All the same, I am learning that if one plan fails, then there's always something better. :) And THAT, my friends, is also why I'm broke. :( meh.

Will add to this if I think of anything else, but I really should get started on my other resolution..

"Sleep early, be healthy, and get my back problem sorted (maybe by going for yoga?)".

To emphasise, I need to "SLEEP EARLY" !!!!

Night night peeps !! :D

Oh yes, and a most Happy & a blessed 2011!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

Popular Posts