I am very irritable.
And angry..
Irritable and angry angry angry.
I was angry at the slow drivers in front of me.
I am annoyed I couldn't leave work earlier.
I am VERY annoyed at the new set of pedestrian crossing lights that's been placed along Mayoral Drive..
To illustrate my point, please see the following map take from Google maps. Thank you Google Maps.
The red 'X' marks the places where traffic lights are.
Please note the scale of a 100m.

The traffic lights are NOT even 100m apart. They are, to my approximation and calculations of ratios, about 70m apart.
SEVENTY????
O.o
You can see the traffic lights from the intersection of Wakefield and Mayoral.
As a motorist, I am superbly annoyed by this.
As a pedestrian, I can see why they have been put there. BUT.. the road is CLEAR enough and STRAIGHT enough to view traffic from either side. There is a traffic island in the middle already..
WHY the need for traffic lights?
Because pedestrians are so stupid and ignorant??
It's the same as Symonds St. Because students blatantly ignore the dangers and required precautionary measures to cross roads, they have put lights there even though there is the underpass.
People are lazy. So am I. But, WHY are we ENCOURAGING laziness???
I am just wondering, was an overhead bridge considered? Why don't they consider an overhead bridge? Is it cost? But what is the running cost for a set of traffic lights?
Have they considered the impact on the traffic? What is the impact on the traffic going to be like? Are they going to synchronise the traffic lights??
You know.. it's all these things. It's like.. it seems as if, Auckland City Council's solution to everything is a set of traffic lights!
Honestly, why don't we start with the pedestrians? What is wrong? If you are providing to the pedestrians a SAFE route, and they CHOOSE NOT to use it.. then WHOSE FAULT is it????
THE PEDESTRIAN's!!!!!!!!!
If they CHOOSE to want to rush, be lazy, and not care about their life... THEN WHOSE FAULT IS IT??? THEIRS!!!
I have crossed Symonds St. myself countless times.. and I know the risk I am taking. I know that I have to be extra extra careful. I don't cross until BOTH sides are clear and I haven't had a problem. However, these people are just DUMB. They cross the road halfway... even though it's so obvious that traffic on the other side is like heavy. They are taking their own chance. Isn't that their prerogative?? The underpass is available for them to use.. but they CHOOSE not to!
Honestly, so many times I feel like whacking pedestrians on their heads for being DUMB.
I have been a dumb pedestrian before and I have learnt from my mistakes. However, some of these people walk as if they OWN the road and they don't even like, USE COMMON SENSE.
Honestly, I know it's like wrong to say this, but perhaps people getting hit by cars while crossing the road unsafely is just a part of natural selection? Weeding out the ignorant people!
Why are we supporting and encouraging dumb behaviour???
Irritable and angry angry angry.
I was angry at the slow drivers in front of me.
I am annoyed I couldn't leave work earlier.
I am VERY annoyed at the new set of pedestrian crossing lights that's been placed along Mayoral Drive..
To illustrate my point, please see the following map take from Google maps. Thank you Google Maps.
The red 'X' marks the places where traffic lights are.
Please note the scale of a 100m.

The traffic lights are NOT even 100m apart. They are, to my approximation and calculations of ratios, about 70m apart.
SEVENTY????
O.o
You can see the traffic lights from the intersection of Wakefield and Mayoral.
As a motorist, I am superbly annoyed by this.
As a pedestrian, I can see why they have been put there. BUT.. the road is CLEAR enough and STRAIGHT enough to view traffic from either side. There is a traffic island in the middle already..
WHY the need for traffic lights?
Because pedestrians are so stupid and ignorant??
It's the same as Symonds St. Because students blatantly ignore the dangers and required precautionary measures to cross roads, they have put lights there even though there is the underpass.
People are lazy. So am I. But, WHY are we ENCOURAGING laziness???
I am just wondering, was an overhead bridge considered? Why don't they consider an overhead bridge? Is it cost? But what is the running cost for a set of traffic lights?
Have they considered the impact on the traffic? What is the impact on the traffic going to be like? Are they going to synchronise the traffic lights??
You know.. it's all these things. It's like.. it seems as if, Auckland City Council's solution to everything is a set of traffic lights!
Honestly, why don't we start with the pedestrians? What is wrong? If you are providing to the pedestrians a SAFE route, and they CHOOSE NOT to use it.. then WHOSE FAULT is it????
THE PEDESTRIAN's!!!!!!!!!
If they CHOOSE to want to rush, be lazy, and not care about their life... THEN WHOSE FAULT IS IT??? THEIRS!!!
I have crossed Symonds St. myself countless times.. and I know the risk I am taking. I know that I have to be extra extra careful. I don't cross until BOTH sides are clear and I haven't had a problem. However, these people are just DUMB. They cross the road halfway... even though it's so obvious that traffic on the other side is like heavy. They are taking their own chance. Isn't that their prerogative?? The underpass is available for them to use.. but they CHOOSE not to!
Honestly, so many times I feel like whacking pedestrians on their heads for being DUMB.
I have been a dumb pedestrian before and I have learnt from my mistakes. However, some of these people walk as if they OWN the road and they don't even like, USE COMMON SENSE.
Honestly, I know it's like wrong to say this, but perhaps people getting hit by cars while crossing the road unsafely is just a part of natural selection? Weeding out the ignorant people!
Why are we supporting and encouraging dumb behaviour???
Comments