Jaded... indifference...

I'm feeling so jaded...

I feel the world's so apathetic sometimes.

It really then bugs me when people close to me are apathetic as well. I really hate the, "So what??"

"So What?"

So what if you put yourself in their shoes?

So what if your actions results in unwanted outcomes?

So what if about your blasé attitude? Would the world be slightly better off if you and the millions of other people saying, "So what??" cared a little bit more??


Perhaps I care too much.. and it's just I that put myself through all these, like some people say. I am stubborn about letting this principle of mine slip. I mean, there have been a lot of things which I have just endured and I have simply come out at the end with the resolution, "I don't give two flips anymore"... "WHATEVER".

I just refuse to let it consume me entirely! If I stopped caring, then I'll just be another apathetic human being in this vast ocean of apathetic people. Especially for those whom I really care about. I don't want them to be so apathetic either! :(

~~@~~

I think I've blogged about this before.. or maybe not.. but I have at least related to it before..

The Kübler-Ross model, commonly known as the five stages of grief.

I often go through much of that process. I find it applicable not only in situations of death, but in times where I encounter situations of disappointment or when I'm shocked. I often go through the motions of panicking, getting angry then finally reaching acceptance.

As an example, I recently made the wrong booking for my flight to Melb. I booked my return flight for a full week later than when I was supposed to come back. Yes yes, it was a sign for me to stay longer. XP

Looking back, it does seem like I went through the whole 5 stage process with perhaps, the addition of some panicking..

I first went, "No no No no... it's not right.. Nooooo.. AUUUUGHHHHHH stomp stomp stomp" (Denial)

Then I went, "Shit la!!! It's cause the browser had the wrong dates put in there because the others were booking the tickets before me... Argh.. *blame blame blame blame*" (Anger)

Then I was like, "oh crap.. do you think they'll let me change??? Without the $100 change fee?? Do you???" *reach for phone to call friend who works at the airline* Turns to bf, "Can your sis help??? Can you ask her??? Can you???" (Bargaining)

It then proceeded to, "Oh man... I'm screwed la... $100 have to pay.. I may as well have bought the ticket at full price.. since it was at $100 discount.. there goes all my discount.. wuu wuuu wuuu... whyyy.. whyyy... wuuuuu" (Depression)

Finally, "Sigh.. have to pay la.. my sis was right, I was distracted by tv :( ...." (eh hem... although I would never say it out loud... hahaa.. to her anyway :P pride giler). (acceptance)
Except, maybe in this instance, I didn't entirely reach that last stage because I managed to get through to an operator after 15-20 mins on the phone and she told me that she'll just cancel my ticket and get my money refunded... So, I could just go online and re-book. :D

There.. so I reckon, my whole panic upset cycle really is actually motions of the Kübler-Ross model.

I should hand a copy of this 5 stage thing to my bf for him to read. Hey, my whole "going through the motions" is scientific... I think.

"The grief process is highly personal and should not be rushed, nor lengthened, on the basis of an individual's imposed time frame or opinion." So leave me be.. I'll eventually reach resolution...

Comments

Popular Posts