Food poisoning...

Just read a friend's blog and she was describing her worst ever food poisoning occurrence.

I thought of leaving the following comment:

"yikes.. your food poisoning was bad :|

sounds like.. uhmm.. you had Norovirus? hahaha.. i can't be sure of course.. but whenever someone calls up to make a food poisoning complaint against a place and say they had severe vomiting.. we always suspect Norovirus.. er... did you have 'projectile vomiting'?

sounds like you possibly got it from ur bf too :P Norovirus can be passed on from person to person..actually.. that's how a lot of food poisoning occurs.. so, not necessarily from food but could be from another person who vomited and then you happen to walk by and aerosolised bacteria/virus particles can infect you.. mmm.. best advice.. Good hand hygiene! 20sec wash with soap and 20 sec of hand drying..

omgoodness.. I've been brainwashed by work =.="""

Also, common misconceivement is that food poisoning usually due to things you ate in the last 24 hours. not true. It can be from something you ate 10 days prior depending on the bug. "


Wow... I think I really am into this whole thing now.. Everytime someone mentions they had food poisoning I'll go all into my D.I. mode.. figuring out incubation periods, symptoms.. matching them to possible pathogens.. =.= hahhahahha.. funny la..

Don't really wanna post up that comment la.. Sounds like I'm trying to lecture.. But, yes, People! remember your good hand hygiene!! 20seconds of washing with soap and warm water and then DRYING YOUR HANDS for 20 more seconds!!!! VERY important to dry hands too!!! A lot of food poisoning occurs due to faecal oral contamination.. I.e. your hands contaminated then you eat food.. ahh.. die la like that.

If you ever have vomiting .. CLEAN your toilet with BLEACH!!! Especially when vomiting cause it could be due to norovirus.. a lot of deaths occur with norovirus.. Especially when it's an institutional environment. It does not take a lot of Norovirus particles to infect you and cause you be sick. If someone has food poisoning in your family, practise GOOD hand hygiene... clean contact surfaces with the right concentration of BLEACH..and you should be good. Don't prepare food.. unless absolutely necessary!

Okay.. lecture over.

Comments

Popular Posts