There are a couple of things on my mind.
1) Car Parking
I park in a rather dodgy.. but FREE area.. Last Friday in the lunch room, the topic of cars getting stolen was brought up. It appears that in my office alone, about 4-5 people have had their cars stolen. The most recent being the car of one of the lady's sister's. She parks her car where I usually park my car. It is behind an empty shop lot and next to a grass verge. I have to admit, it's a damn dodgy place la. There's always glass around, but it appears to me that glass are from glass bottles. Hmm.. Yes, but nonetheless.. rather worrisome. In the day time it's fine, but winter's rolling about real soon. Daylight savings ends next weekend and well, darkness will come earlier and that means, it'll be more dangerous. Knowing me, I only leave at 5pm sometimes and by then, in winter, it'd be pretty much almost pitch black. Hmm..
The other options are to pay for parking or park in the shopping mall carpark where it'd cost nothing, but I'd have to move my car every 4 hours or risk getting a ticket. Yeah, the mall tickets you and if you don't pay, you could get clamped. heh.. Parking costs $2.00. I know, it's a far cry from what I used to pay in the city. Though, $2 does add up. Just a bit annoying because I'm working in the 'outskirts' but meh.. it's still a city centre though not the MAIN city centre... *groan*
It's a case of cost vs safety. I suppose, it really isn't much of a question even.. Why am I being so stingy =.="" But $2.00 a day!!! I could save like $10 a week!!! I sense myself being a bit of an idiot... but aaaa...
2) Dream
I think all this looking for houses has seeped into my brain that I'm dreaming about it now. Actually, funny thing is, both my sister and I dreamt about getting houses and somehow 'Waitakere' was implicated in the dreams.
Anyhow, my dream was that we got a really nice big house... that was really flash. Come to think of it, it was quite odd.. It was quite a unique house where the furnishing was quite flash and posh. Like what you'd find in a real posh English manor. With big plush chairs with the red type fabric and all.. Like the ones you see English people having tea in (the rich ones). There was like a nice study or teat room and it was joined to the dining room by a door. Nice solid dark rich coloured wood table. With the table all set actually.. Funny thing was, the kitchen was a much smaller room and quite outdated and lousy really... The toilet was I don't know.. The lower part of the house just kind of got worse. It was not really completed at the back and there was like a weird garaging system (basement type). The rooms were alright. We all had a good view as the house was situated on a hill. Could see Rangitoto... In fact, I just had the idea that the place was in Bucklands Beach.. eh.. somewhat like Lucy's house. hehehe. Outside, there were LOTS of fish tanks... Dad's fishes.. We had the usual fat goldfishes... and then there were a few odd looking fish...
I remember while scouting around outside I bump into the Waitakere EHO and I was trying to befriend him... seeing as we do work with them. hmmm.. weiiirrddd... So, if the place was in Bucklands Beach, why would the EHO be from Waitakere??? :S
3) Travel
Right. I'm starting to feel a bit awkward about travelling... I know the whole economic crisis is pretty bad.. I guess I really shouldn't be travelling but I've somewhat come up with a conclusion or rather 'aim'.
It's basically that I want to travel one more time before I hit the good ol' quarter century. Then, I'll really start the whole saving seriously thing. No extreme expenditure/travel. Save up as much as I can etc... But my sisters are really making me feel guilty about it. :(
As you know, I have already got my tickets to Brisbane... I got my leave approved (yay!) but er... I still haven't told my sisters... I know... I'm sooo gonna get sh*t from them. I know I shouldn't bother too much.. but it's just really annoying to just keep getting nagged at. =.=""" I mean, I do have my savings.. and it's not that I'm going and end up coming home to no savings.
I know I'm definitely pushing it if I do go to Spain.. but like I said, one more time before the 25 mark is hit. Sigh.. I feels a bit stressed T.T..
Anyway, they still don't know about Brisbane/Gold Coast and it nearly slipped out. hahaha.. yeah, I was teasing Matt saying "No KFC until your big feast with Guhan" and my sis was like, "Eh? He's coming over again ar??" Crap. >.< Gotta be careful with what I say.
4) Punctuation.
I know I'm not exactly the best when it comes to using appropriate punctuation. The comma (,) is among the most improperly used nowadays. I have to admit, I probably am guilty of that. However, if I can tell that people aren't using it right, then by golly obviously the standard of English is worse than ever! I have read so many letters previously written by people and well, the punctuation is just not there. Yeesh.. I guess that's what happens when you have technology causing 'text speak' to be the common language. Terrible.
1) Car Parking
I park in a rather dodgy.. but FREE area.. Last Friday in the lunch room, the topic of cars getting stolen was brought up. It appears that in my office alone, about 4-5 people have had their cars stolen. The most recent being the car of one of the lady's sister's. She parks her car where I usually park my car. It is behind an empty shop lot and next to a grass verge. I have to admit, it's a damn dodgy place la. There's always glass around, but it appears to me that glass are from glass bottles. Hmm.. Yes, but nonetheless.. rather worrisome. In the day time it's fine, but winter's rolling about real soon. Daylight savings ends next weekend and well, darkness will come earlier and that means, it'll be more dangerous. Knowing me, I only leave at 5pm sometimes and by then, in winter, it'd be pretty much almost pitch black. Hmm..
The other options are to pay for parking or park in the shopping mall carpark where it'd cost nothing, but I'd have to move my car every 4 hours or risk getting a ticket. Yeah, the mall tickets you and if you don't pay, you could get clamped. heh.. Parking costs $2.00. I know, it's a far cry from what I used to pay in the city. Though, $2 does add up. Just a bit annoying because I'm working in the 'outskirts' but meh.. it's still a city centre though not the MAIN city centre... *groan*
It's a case of cost vs safety. I suppose, it really isn't much of a question even.. Why am I being so stingy =.="" But $2.00 a day!!! I could save like $10 a week!!! I sense myself being a bit of an idiot... but aaaa...
2) Dream
I think all this looking for houses has seeped into my brain that I'm dreaming about it now. Actually, funny thing is, both my sister and I dreamt about getting houses and somehow 'Waitakere' was implicated in the dreams.
Anyhow, my dream was that we got a really nice big house... that was really flash. Come to think of it, it was quite odd.. It was quite a unique house where the furnishing was quite flash and posh. Like what you'd find in a real posh English manor. With big plush chairs with the red type fabric and all.. Like the ones you see English people having tea in (the rich ones). There was like a nice study or teat room and it was joined to the dining room by a door. Nice solid dark rich coloured wood table. With the table all set actually.. Funny thing was, the kitchen was a much smaller room and quite outdated and lousy really... The toilet was I don't know.. The lower part of the house just kind of got worse. It was not really completed at the back and there was like a weird garaging system (basement type). The rooms were alright. We all had a good view as the house was situated on a hill. Could see Rangitoto... In fact, I just had the idea that the place was in Bucklands Beach.. eh.. somewhat like Lucy's house. hehehe. Outside, there were LOTS of fish tanks... Dad's fishes.. We had the usual fat goldfishes... and then there were a few odd looking fish...
I remember while scouting around outside I bump into the Waitakere EHO and I was trying to befriend him... seeing as we do work with them. hmmm.. weiiirrddd... So, if the place was in Bucklands Beach, why would the EHO be from Waitakere??? :S
3) Travel
Right. I'm starting to feel a bit awkward about travelling... I know the whole economic crisis is pretty bad.. I guess I really shouldn't be travelling but I've somewhat come up with a conclusion or rather 'aim'.
It's basically that I want to travel one more time before I hit the good ol' quarter century. Then, I'll really start the whole saving seriously thing. No extreme expenditure/travel. Save up as much as I can etc... But my sisters are really making me feel guilty about it. :(
As you know, I have already got my tickets to Brisbane... I got my leave approved (yay!) but er... I still haven't told my sisters... I know... I'm sooo gonna get sh*t from them. I know I shouldn't bother too much.. but it's just really annoying to just keep getting nagged at. =.=""" I mean, I do have my savings.. and it's not that I'm going and end up coming home to no savings.
I know I'm definitely pushing it if I do go to Spain.. but like I said, one more time before the 25 mark is hit. Sigh.. I feels a bit stressed T.T..
Anyway, they still don't know about Brisbane/Gold Coast and it nearly slipped out. hahaha.. yeah, I was teasing Matt saying "No KFC until your big feast with Guhan" and my sis was like, "Eh? He's coming over again ar??" Crap. >.< Gotta be careful with what I say.
4) Punctuation.
I know I'm not exactly the best when it comes to using appropriate punctuation. The comma (,) is among the most improperly used nowadays. I have to admit, I probably am guilty of that. However, if I can tell that people aren't using it right, then by golly obviously the standard of English is worse than ever! I have read so many letters previously written by people and well, the punctuation is just not there. Yeesh.. I guess that's what happens when you have technology causing 'text speak' to be the common language. Terrible.
Comments