Where art thou, gentlemen?

The question is; has feminism spoilt the romance of gentleman-ism?

Is it odd now for a lady to want to feel like a lady? To want a man to hold doors open, be complimented when we make the effort to dress up, and well, do the things a gentleman would do? Of course, in no way am I saying that they would have to be chauvinistic or that women should not be independent as well. It is right that women are independent.

Of course, I pay for my own fair share of meals and what not-s and do what a male could do. I am not ignorant and I make my own money and I can make my own decisions (well, as best as an indecisive person can anyway.). I can very well pick up a hammer and hammer a nail in as good as any male (with some practise of course).

At times, I do not fault men for being un-gentlemanly nowadays. Thinking about it logically, men are faced with the question of whether that particular female actually would mind being treated like a lady. The act of him picking up the bill on a date could either make it or break it for him. Another reason would be, the rules of being a gentleman have simply been lost. Most guys nowadays are oblivious to what being a gentleman entails because they have been taught to treat females as equals or gentleman-ism is something that’s old-fashioned.

Well, guys out there, I tell you this now. I cannot speak for every woman in the world but for myself and for (I’m sure) the other women out there, we say now, “We like it when we’re treated like ladies!” It’s just nice.

If you’re worried about having to always foot the bill for meals and things? I don’t think you should worry, a smart woman would know better than to always let you foot the bill for food, and even if she doesn’t buy you meals, I’m sure she will be smart enough to try and make up in some other form. Why do you think we cook meals for you or get you things that you like? A smart woman would also know that you’re not made entirely of money and will contribute in some form or another.

I guess the key is to be able to be smart about situations and to find a balance for things. Pay the bill on the date, but if the lady protests and seemingly gets angry, well, duh… just be smart and go “Oh, I thought it easier to pay first, you can pay me back” or better still, “It’s alright, you can buy me the next round,” and smile pleasantly. Score la… you got another date already cause that person will die die also want to be fair and pay you back!

Am I rambling? Maybe la.. Just a thought that was crossing my mind.

Come to think of it, I think what we want are gentlemen, not chauvinists. Think about it, there is a difference between the two. A chauvinist is a pig, whereas a gentleman is much desired. Okay, maybe not fair to say that a chauvinist is a pig because I love eating pork. A chauvinist is an ass. I neither eat nor ride asses so I’m cool with that term. ^.^ Maybe the problem with feminism is that the distinguishing line between being chauvinists and gentlemen has been blurred.

Ah well, I think I should stop this now.

Well, can’t speak for others.. but as for myself, “where art thou gentlemen?”

Comments

Popular Posts