I have had too much blood, gore, murder, and horror in one weekend.

In Bruges, Hot Fuzz, 28 Days Later, and that White Noise 2.. Not to mention bits of Freddy vs Jason...=.=""

kantoi..

I really should stop watching horror films... bleh.

Anyway, went to the Foodshow today.

I enjoyed myself... Just not the crowd and getting there though.

The price of ticket has skyrocketed so much in the past few years. I think it used to only be $10.. Now it's $22!! If not for the one free ticket I got, I probably would not have gone.. since I realised the ticket was worth that much.. why waste right? So, Matt and I went today (since yesterday was a phail-- but that's okay :) we enjoyed our day in from the wet weather).

Found parking (luckily!!) behind the ASB showgrounds in cornwall park. We were real lucky someone left. (I realised that later..) parking was free.. Started walking to the showgrounds when it started drizzling.. RAAAHH!!.. Problem was.. I had NO umbrella.. So, I had to walk in the drizzle to the showgrounds.. Now we ALL know how annoyed I get with getting wet / having to walk in the rain right? Though, retrospectively, it could have been worse where it was pouring but it was only misting with rain.. Phew! Thank you God.. yes, I do realise I was lucky!

We finally got in close to 11 because there was a bloody LOOONGG queue to buy tickets! argh.... I have to say, my mood by then was pretty much dampened. I was contemplating on leaving while having to wait in the rain drizzle to buy tickets. Yeah.. booth was out in the open. Got in.. felt lost... food stalls were all busy.. so, I beelined for whatever was available.. oh, turns out to be the wine stalls (angel halo).. hahahah.. Probably not the best of ideas cause well, I had just pretty much woken up not too long earlier and had not had anything to eat. Oh well, all good.. we soon came across the food stalls and started filling our tummies.

The highlight of the event?

Pouring a pint of Hoegaarden (prounounced Huuu-garden.. NOT ho-garden).. :D on stage with these two men dressed up.. and uhmm.. accidentally saying "shit" on stage =.="" potty mouthed.. heh.. *blush*

Anyway, after a while, I think the combination of the crowd, alcohol (cause we had to finish the pint I poured after all and we tasted a couple more drinks) and the suffocatingness of the place.. I kind of felt quite sick..

Only purchased some packs of sauces from a friend's family's stall.. I regretted not buying more later though.. I thought I wouldn't need that many but then I realised that I could give some to Matt's family and all :( Stupid.. And.. I should have bought those yummy Pitango soups!! :( BAH!!! I just wasn't or rather COULDN'T think straight.. Sigh... Oh well.. too late now. No use to regret.. At least I had my fill of food.. *BURP*! My tummy was seriously stuffed rock solid after .. hahaha..

Comments

Popular Posts