DELAYED BLOG: Is it really just their fault?
READ ARTICLE
You know, people keep blaming the big corporations etc etc for the rise in obesity etc etc.I don't know if it is entirely THEIR fault? Yes, they are to blame for being irresponsible with their subversive marketing etc.
However, come on.. It's no different than from when I was growing up wasn't it?
McD's and fast food still attracted us and all in terms of their marketing towards kids.. but I think it's also the parents' fault for losing control over their children? Not educating them of the dangers of eating so much crap and generally not saying, "No".
I loved going to fast food places when I was a kid. My parents never disallowed us from going to McD's or anything, but it was like a treat for us which we'd go to every month or so. Not everyday - nor every week.
Don't you think that part of the blame is OUR fault for not making smart choices or thinking with our heads? All the more now with the information that we have stuck in front of our faces.
Hmm, who knows? Maybe it's cause I haven't got kids of my own yet. Oh well, we'll see when the time comes.
Comments