Christmas 2008!
Merry Christmas everyone! I have been sooo busy the last few days that I haven't even had the chance to come online since Tuesday? heh... =.=
Tuesday night - went to the house where Zarin is house sitting... Nice relaxing night... had gone grocery shopping on the way home at Pak n Save in Sylvia park.. Here's a story for you..
On a wet night... if you leave your shoes out.. Please check it for things like SLUGS.....
Well, let's just say.. Mr. Sluggy (whom I later poured salt on) travelled all the way home with me on a 20min car ride comfortably nestled in my shoe.. Well, at least.. that's where I suspect it was.... cause later after I got home, I had to unload the dryer. While walking towards the door to the house from the garage, I noticed something on my shoe. Thinking it was one of those pesky cockroaches... I bent over to have a look... and realised.... it was mr. sluggy crawling out of my shoe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And that was my Tuesday night.
Wednesday... Christmas eve.. All good.. I managed to get out of work early cause, well, let's just say at 2.30pm I was pretty much the last to leave office... =.=""" No one told me that and I thought I had to stay till 4... at least.. or 3.30...
Finished work, walked downstairs.. the mall was PACKED! Walked past the stall selling calendars and decided on a whim to buy presents for bf's family. It turned out to be a good idea. :D hehehe.. So, i guess the one hour plus spent making my way around the mall was worth it... okay, so maybe I also spent ~50 on myself too.. hahaha.. :P
After shopping, got into my car and proceeded to go to Pak n Save in Manukau... T.T... BAD choice. I didn't want to get stuck in the rush for Christmas shopping on eve.. but I'd forgotten to get drinks etc for the boxing day party.. so, fine.. I get stuck in the line to go INTO the carpark of pak n save... I give up and go around meaning to go home when I take the wrong turn left and ended up on a road that lead to the carpark anyway.. So, since I was there.. i decided... fine.. I'd go shopping. I found a carpark in not too long a time.. was VERY lucky. thanked God. Then... began my nightmare...
First, there weren't enough trollies.. so figuring i only needed a couple of things... i decided I'd carry things by hand.. good good.. I found a box!! so happy.. Thanked God... stuffed all I needed... 2 x 2.25L of soft drinks + 1 x humongous bottle of Just juice... and a small pack.. and a couple of packs of dips & sour cream.. now.. I can still handle.. Heavy like what but still can.... then I realised how LONG the queue to pay was... T.T It took me at least 20mins to get to the counter. My arms nearly died.. I had to put my box down and thank God I found a trolley!!!!!!! :D Still.. my arms were like super sore...T.T So fine.. I finally pay, make my way home and good thing there wasn't any traffic.
Got home, decided it would be a good idea to prepare stuffing for the roast chickens I was gonna make the next day.. Yes, it was a VERY good idea..Cook cook cook.. washed clothes, yada yada yada.. clean here there.... then had to rush for dinner at cousin's.. where I finaly had the chance to rest my feet since leaving work (not including driving).. had dinner.. bummed a bit.. then rushed home to shower and get ready for church.. Went to church.. yawned heaps.. got home... slept.
CHRISTIMAS DAY!!!Woke up early.. Washed, stuffed and roasted the chicken.. Made stuffing balls. Started experimenting with the leftover cranberries to make cranberry sauce for the chicken. Kinda failed in a way but then succeeded thanks to cousin sis' jam + jam setting mix(pectin). WOOOT! Realised how dry the stuffing balls were then started attempting to make gravy... which would've been an utter fail thanks to my tendency to dump whatever I thought would be nice..... thank God for cousin who came along and taught me 'white wine was the key to making it yum'.. wooot :D
That... was lunch.. We watched heaps of tv and just bummed around after...
Was meant to roast another chicken for dinner at Matt's but then a call to his mum kinda side tracked that cause there was too much food already for dinner.. I started stressing about when I would find the time to bake a cake, roast chicken and skewer satays for the next day...
Dinner was really yum and at Matt's where I had to do nothing but eat :D yuummm.. :D
Boxing day a.k.a. bf's birthday :D'Tis was the day of my *cough* pseudo Christmas party with a special guest (Who's fast asleep on my bed now..)
man.. I was so exhausted (and am now too) and I really couldn't handle it anymore. I canned the baking a birthday cake idea and ended up sleeping in a little bit more.. sTILL had stuff to prepare .. urk....
Lunch was at matt's.. yumm.. mee sua soup :D :D so happy.. Birthday cake cutting followed. Didn't stay too long before we had to go. Went to supermarket to get money back for the bad block of butter I had.. Think it was mouldy or something.. eww.. Got ice and made our way home..
Cleaned the deck, the bbq and watered the plants(must remember and not let them wilt again!!!!). Started washing, stuffing & roasting the chicken.. Then had to skewer the satay and generally just started la.. so tiring... I'm so glad it's finished successfully .. :D
Friends came over in the evening for the party and gosh, it was busy.. O.o Yeah.. I remmeber why I don't like havbing too big parties..
Tomorrow!! sleeping in :D woooooot.. alright.. my eyes are half shut.. excuse the ramblingness and monotony of this post.. I'm off... *yawn*
Tuesday night - went to the house where Zarin is house sitting... Nice relaxing night... had gone grocery shopping on the way home at Pak n Save in Sylvia park.. Here's a story for you..
On a wet night... if you leave your shoes out.. Please check it for things like SLUGS.....
Well, let's just say.. Mr. Sluggy (whom I later poured salt on) travelled all the way home with me on a 20min car ride comfortably nestled in my shoe.. Well, at least.. that's where I suspect it was.... cause later after I got home, I had to unload the dryer. While walking towards the door to the house from the garage, I noticed something on my shoe. Thinking it was one of those pesky cockroaches... I bent over to have a look... and realised.... it was mr. sluggy crawling out of my shoe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
And that was my Tuesday night.
Wednesday... Christmas eve.. All good.. I managed to get out of work early cause, well, let's just say at 2.30pm I was pretty much the last to leave office... =.=""" No one told me that and I thought I had to stay till 4... at least.. or 3.30...
Finished work, walked downstairs.. the mall was PACKED! Walked past the stall selling calendars and decided on a whim to buy presents for bf's family. It turned out to be a good idea. :D hehehe.. So, i guess the one hour plus spent making my way around the mall was worth it... okay, so maybe I also spent ~50 on myself too.. hahaha.. :P
After shopping, got into my car and proceeded to go to Pak n Save in Manukau... T.T... BAD choice. I didn't want to get stuck in the rush for Christmas shopping on eve.. but I'd forgotten to get drinks etc for the boxing day party.. so, fine.. I get stuck in the line to go INTO the carpark of pak n save... I give up and go around meaning to go home when I take the wrong turn left and ended up on a road that lead to the carpark anyway.. So, since I was there.. i decided... fine.. I'd go shopping. I found a carpark in not too long a time.. was VERY lucky. thanked God. Then... began my nightmare...
First, there weren't enough trollies.. so figuring i only needed a couple of things... i decided I'd carry things by hand.. good good.. I found a box!! so happy.. Thanked God... stuffed all I needed... 2 x 2.25L of soft drinks + 1 x humongous bottle of Just juice... and a small pack.. and a couple of packs of dips & sour cream.. now.. I can still handle.. Heavy like what but still can.... then I realised how LONG the queue to pay was... T.T It took me at least 20mins to get to the counter. My arms nearly died.. I had to put my box down and thank God I found a trolley!!!!!!! :D Still.. my arms were like super sore...T.T So fine.. I finally pay, make my way home and good thing there wasn't any traffic.
Got home, decided it would be a good idea to prepare stuffing for the roast chickens I was gonna make the next day.. Yes, it was a VERY good idea..Cook cook cook.. washed clothes, yada yada yada.. clean here there.... then had to rush for dinner at cousin's.. where I finaly had the chance to rest my feet since leaving work (not including driving).. had dinner.. bummed a bit.. then rushed home to shower and get ready for church.. Went to church.. yawned heaps.. got home... slept.
CHRISTIMAS DAY!!!Woke up early.. Washed, stuffed and roasted the chicken.. Made stuffing balls. Started experimenting with the leftover cranberries to make cranberry sauce for the chicken. Kinda failed in a way but then succeeded thanks to cousin sis' jam + jam setting mix(pectin). WOOOT! Realised how dry the stuffing balls were then started attempting to make gravy... which would've been an utter fail thanks to my tendency to dump whatever I thought would be nice..... thank God for cousin who came along and taught me 'white wine was the key to making it yum'.. wooot :D
That... was lunch.. We watched heaps of tv and just bummed around after...
Was meant to roast another chicken for dinner at Matt's but then a call to his mum kinda side tracked that cause there was too much food already for dinner.. I started stressing about when I would find the time to bake a cake, roast chicken and skewer satays for the next day...
Dinner was really yum and at Matt's where I had to do nothing but eat :D yuummm.. :D
Boxing day a.k.a. bf's birthday :D'Tis was the day of my *cough* pseudo Christmas party with a special guest (Who's fast asleep on my bed now..)
man.. I was so exhausted (and am now too) and I really couldn't handle it anymore. I canned the baking a birthday cake idea and ended up sleeping in a little bit more.. sTILL had stuff to prepare .. urk....
Lunch was at matt's.. yumm.. mee sua soup :D :D so happy.. Birthday cake cutting followed. Didn't stay too long before we had to go. Went to supermarket to get money back for the bad block of butter I had.. Think it was mouldy or something.. eww.. Got ice and made our way home..
Cleaned the deck, the bbq and watered the plants(must remember and not let them wilt again!!!!). Started washing, stuffing & roasting the chicken.. Then had to skewer the satay and generally just started la.. so tiring... I'm so glad it's finished successfully .. :D
Friends came over in the evening for the party and gosh, it was busy.. O.o Yeah.. I remmeber why I don't like havbing too big parties..
Tomorrow!! sleeping in :D woooooot.. alright.. my eyes are half shut.. excuse the ramblingness and monotony of this post.. I'm off... *yawn*
Comments