Things were.. pretty mish mash today. The day, well, in fact.. the weekend just flew past!
What did I do?
I baked 2 cakes.... to 'practise'.. Both, I'm not satisfied with actually.. One made yesterday and one today.. the icing on the 2nd cake tastes really funny.. cause there's yoghurt in it. The first one was an epic fail.. not in terms of taste but in terms of its appearance. It rose unevenly whereby the middle rose about 2cm higher probably with big humongous cracks... When I 'inverted' the cake onto a cake rack... it split like an earthquake had hit. the whole cake pretty much split T.T... cause of the 'bump' at the bottom and the cake being quite soft as it was still warm.... ugh..... oh well...
I just cooked and baked all weekend!!! omgoodness=.=.. Feel like super 'si lai' now.
A couple of things didn't really go well today. But I will go chronologically..
- Went to church
- Grocery shopping
- Marinated chicken for satay....This is a semi-gray area cause I don't know if the chicken's alright or not. Sigh.. I am hoping realllllyyy hard that it turns out okay. I'm just sooooo worried that the chicken would go bad or something. It smelt really 'sou'(don't know how to translate). It wasn't a sour spoilt smell but a really 'sou' smell.. like, how the pork in NZ smells like.. especially those that are fed whey.
- Baked cake..... impromptu cause I wasn't happy with my cake yesterday and I was thinking I need the extra practise. Fine tuned some of the things to do...
- Got lectured by parents..
- stressed about the chicken and cake
- Played guitar
- Type up blog post while chatting
- end this senseless blog and go sleep.
Anyway, in short la.. I got really upset thanks to the parents. 2nd sis and I kena lectured kau kau.. Sigh.. so much for getting THEM to be the mediators.. damn stupid =.=....
hahhaa.. I think Dad hung up on 2nd sis... or so that's what she said anyway. Oh well.. whatever.. well, that's the attitude I'm taking on anyway...Topsy turvy..
Falling asleep..
Crap.. it was Winter solstice today.. I.e. 'tong chit' a.k.a. the day you eat tang yuan/tong yuen.. and I didn't make any!!! T.T... Will try to make some tomorrow!! I have nothing to fill it with though.. dang :(
What did I do?
I baked 2 cakes.... to 'practise'.. Both, I'm not satisfied with actually.. One made yesterday and one today.. the icing on the 2nd cake tastes really funny.. cause there's yoghurt in it. The first one was an epic fail.. not in terms of taste but in terms of its appearance. It rose unevenly whereby the middle rose about 2cm higher probably with big humongous cracks... When I 'inverted' the cake onto a cake rack... it split like an earthquake had hit. the whole cake pretty much split T.T... cause of the 'bump' at the bottom and the cake being quite soft as it was still warm.... ugh..... oh well...
I just cooked and baked all weekend!!! omgoodness=.=.. Feel like super 'si lai' now.
~~@~~
A couple of things didn't really go well today. But I will go chronologically..
- Went to church
- Grocery shopping
- Marinated chicken for satay....This is a semi-gray area cause I don't know if the chicken's alright or not. Sigh.. I am hoping realllllyyy hard that it turns out okay. I'm just sooooo worried that the chicken would go bad or something. It smelt really 'sou'(don't know how to translate). It wasn't a sour spoilt smell but a really 'sou' smell.. like, how the pork in NZ smells like.. especially those that are fed whey.
- Baked cake..... impromptu cause I wasn't happy with my cake yesterday and I was thinking I need the extra practise. Fine tuned some of the things to do...
- Got lectured by parents..
- stressed about the chicken and cake
- Played guitar
- Type up blog post while chatting
- end this senseless blog and go sleep.
Anyway, in short la.. I got really upset thanks to the parents. 2nd sis and I kena lectured kau kau.. Sigh.. so much for getting THEM to be the mediators.. damn stupid =.=....
hahhaa.. I think Dad hung up on 2nd sis... or so that's what she said anyway. Oh well.. whatever.. well, that's the attitude I'm taking on anyway...Topsy turvy..
Falling asleep..
Crap.. it was Winter solstice today.. I.e. 'tong chit' a.k.a. the day you eat tang yuan/tong yuen.. and I didn't make any!!! T.T... Will try to make some tomorrow!! I have nothing to fill it with though.. dang :(
Comments