Interview.

I had an interview today. My first interview ever. It was a phone interview with erm.. I think 3 ppl.. or was it 4. I honestly cannot remember. Can you believe that? I can't! Well, might have been four. Haha.

It was a conference call with these people taking turns shooting me questions.

oh man.. I totally bombed out. I was too nervous. Way too nervous.. It was bad. At one point. I just knew all I was doing was rambling but my brain was blank. I just didn't know what to say.

Thinking back about it? I feel like such an idiot.

To be honest, I didn't expect such questions. I didn't expect it to be this tough! I thought it would've been easier. For some strange reason, I just did.

It sounded positive with the people telling me that over the next few days, some people will be calling me about the different projects available and in the end, I would just have to email them my preference for projects or even list in order my project preferences.

The stupidest thing is that I should have written down their names. Why did I NOT do that.. WHY!!! I feel so SO stupid. Ugh.

All in all, i think some questions i managed to answer okay. But honestly? I think they must've been shaking their heads at me when I just went off the tangent.

It was even worse because whenever I spoke it felt like I was talking to the air because there was DEAD silence. Sigh..

I feel so poos.

Why so difficult la:(

They asked :

1) about my previous job experiences and achievements.. HAAAihhh.. can you believe?? I kinda forgot what jobs I had?!

- I talked about my current job.. started off okay.. but started rambling.. omgoodness
- then moved onto my studentship.. omgoodness.. my biggest achievement was the results i had gotten..!!!??? even though they were not that great but still.. I being able to get the results..
- also had retail jobs but they aren't so relevant
- I FARKING TALKED ABOUT HOW ALL MY JOBS COMBINED AND I DON'T KNOW WHAT I RAMBLED ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2) Name a situation in which I was thrown into the deep end.
- I talked about my project and how it turned out that there wasn't much of a significance and that proposal was due soon(sort of bullshit) and I had to tweak my project in order to make it have more significance
- Also talked about the UMSA ball situation in which the sound system was not good. This, I think i memang talk kok. But yes, it did happen.. but i can't really remember what I did.. O.o but yes.. sigh.. this one just rambled on. In the end.. lady asked me a question.. and I had to respond to it. ARGH..

You know.. I could've commented that 'this'(meaning this question itself!) is a situation that I am being thrown into the deep end. lol.

3) give a situation in which you had to choose integrity/credibility over not telling the truth
- I talked about how in my research, I have to use expensive equipment. and when sometimes I did something that led to consequences that were less than desirable.. whether I should tell my lab technician or not or choose to try and fix it myself and not tell lab tech. But then I ended with some form of ramble that said like "Honesty i believe is still the best policy because if the truth goes out.. I will lose credibility anyway. So being honest, people will believe in me and what not because I'm being honest.

4) A situation in which I had to be innovative
- totally.. absolutely.. STUMPED.
I started with "Nothing in particular comes to my mind" but then again, with my research
I have to be innovative because of the lack of equipment. whether it's unavailable or we simply don't have the funds to purchase it.. then DING DING DING.... My brilliant 'humidity chamber' came to mind! So i rambled on about how i made a container give me constant humidity.. Brilliance-.-" THat sure is innovative eh?? not really.. Saturated salt solutions is probably a well known method of maintaining constant humidity.

5) What would the biggest challenge be working in the company
- I was again.. stumped.. I had to think.. gahhh.. i couldn't say anything for a while. Then I just responded that basically getting used to a whole different working environment because so far I have only been in the academic world and working in an industrial based work environment would be different. So definitely the getting used to the whole industry thing.

6) Give a situation where you were working with a whole diverse group of people and how u handle it.
- I RAMBLED>. farrkk.. I gave the situation with my social club. in a committee of 20+ ppl. Definitely will have different opinions. Conflicts and waht not. So it was important to hear everyone out. listen to ppl's opinions then collectively as a committee decide what's best for the club. Because sometimes, another's opinion maybe better than what we currently have in place.

7) There was another question.. I remembered it a moment ago.. now I've forgotten.
Ahhh... remember now!!!
They asked something about what I've learnt about myself.. ermm.. not too sure for what time frame or what kinda situation. Something about how it has changed me or how i am changing or something. Could be a flaw or something. Something along those lines. Something that I have been changing or have changed I think.
- I answered that one thing that I have learnt is over the past year or so is that I am too much of a perfectionist. THat being a perfectionist was not too good. Basically there were limits to perfectionism.

I remember at one point I remember talking about my social club and LEO club which was a...... charitable organisation.. Can you believe it.. I forgot the word 'charitable'. and how we organised functions and stuff. Something about the functions. Can't remember what that was for either. Maybe the deep end question. lots of funky situations coming up during the organisation.. possibly..it's like there's a black hole where this interview memory should be.

Omgoodness.. it's driving me nuts.. what was that OTHER questions!!!!! -.-" (post edit: heheheh.. remmebered it.. it's no.7!)

Oh.. I can't remember.. I dunno whether the lady said that those questions were 'confidence' questions or 'confidential'.. er.... okay.. oops if they're confidential-.-" hahahahha..

At the end.. they asked if i had anything to add on that they hadn't covered.. I was blank.. all I jokingly said was "Hmm.. no, I don't think so.. Well, I'm a hardworker?". They laughed... I suppose that's good.

And when it came to me asking questions. OH shit. I WENT BLANK.. blip.

Only managed to pull two out of my arse.

- Will I be working in a team or alone on a project like what I'm doing now?
- are all jobs in Palmy?
- How I should respond or wait for them to contact me.

And that.. was my first interview experience.


The thing that really surprised me was that I had originally assumed that the interview was only for the Palmy job. But, if I am not mistaken and my ears did not deceive me, I believe this interview was not only for the one down in Palmy one because the guy starts mentioning various projects in different locations and asks me what my preference would be!

Also, he mentioned like a few places had shortlisted me and listed me down so they are going to get the project managers to phone me and talk to me about the project. So, what I have to do now is to email the HR person about my preferences for projects. eh... O.o

I'm confused. haha.. Oh well...

He also mentioned the dreaded word...... HAWERA.. zomgooodness!!!

Okay.. go google hawera.. maybe you might know why. hahaha

That's all folks! i hope i have entertained you with interview.. ala Christine.

Comments

Popular Posts