Food for thought..
I want your opinions ppl!!!!
Situation 1:
You are in a car with another person (2 ppl). You have to drive. The person sits at the back while you drive. Person does not have any reason like e.g. is sick, finds it difficult to climb in the back etc etc. but is someone who is perfectly able to sit in front. Journey takes about 15-20minutes. Person was doing paperwork for a while I believe (well, I couldn't see because person was in the back?). However, I don't believe that should be a valid reason at all either.
*post-edit* Upon further discussion with some friends, some points to note about the situation aforementioned. Len made a good point with maybe he needed the space for work. However, while discussing with Mel, I realised that the whole reason why it was rather rude was because, person did NOT say ANYTHING to the driver but just sat in the back seat. No apology or statement was given. IF person had asked or said, "I'm sorry, but I think I might have to sit at the back because I need the extra room for paperwork" instead of not saying anything, I think it would have not seemed so rude. Either that, or just common courtesy to ASK if it's alright for them to do that?
Situation 2:
You are driving with 3 others in a car. You drop person A, who was sitting in the front passenger seat, off before having to drive to another location. You ask if either of persons B and C would like to move to the front for it's about another 5-10minute journey. No one responds and just remain in the back seat.
Do any of you find these two situations awkward?
I don't know, but I find it really annoying and rude for someone to do that.. it's as if it's treating me like a driver. Like Mel said, we'd always offer to move to the front even if it's a short distance.. unless the person driving says no.
Those two situations have occurred since I started working. When I wondered aloud to mel if it was just an Asian thing to be annoyed, apparently her supervisor at work (who's caucasian) also once told her that it was preferred if Mel sat in front when she thought Mel was getting into the backseat.. Hmmm.. Maybe it's just a MALE thing.. Cause all 3 parties were of Male gender. hmmmmm.....
So, opinions???
Situation 1:
You are in a car with another person (2 ppl). You have to drive. The person sits at the back while you drive. Person does not have any reason like e.g. is sick, finds it difficult to climb in the back etc etc. but is someone who is perfectly able to sit in front. Journey takes about 15-20minutes. Person was doing paperwork for a while I believe (well, I couldn't see because person was in the back?). However, I don't believe that should be a valid reason at all either.
*post-edit* Upon further discussion with some friends, some points to note about the situation aforementioned. Len made a good point with maybe he needed the space for work. However, while discussing with Mel, I realised that the whole reason why it was rather rude was because, person did NOT say ANYTHING to the driver but just sat in the back seat. No apology or statement was given. IF person had asked or said, "I'm sorry, but I think I might have to sit at the back because I need the extra room for paperwork" instead of not saying anything, I think it would have not seemed so rude. Either that, or just common courtesy to ASK if it's alright for them to do that?
Situation 2:
You are driving with 3 others in a car. You drop person A, who was sitting in the front passenger seat, off before having to drive to another location. You ask if either of persons B and C would like to move to the front for it's about another 5-10minute journey. No one responds and just remain in the back seat.
Do any of you find these two situations awkward?
I don't know, but I find it really annoying and rude for someone to do that.. it's as if it's treating me like a driver. Like Mel said, we'd always offer to move to the front even if it's a short distance.. unless the person driving says no.
Those two situations have occurred since I started working. When I wondered aloud to mel if it was just an Asian thing to be annoyed, apparently her supervisor at work (who's caucasian) also once told her that it was preferred if Mel sat in front when she thought Mel was getting into the backseat.. Hmmm.. Maybe it's just a MALE thing.. Cause all 3 parties were of Male gender. hmmmmm.....
So, opinions???
Comments