The eggs have hatched!!!
Fishieeess.. we have translucent baby fishes that are identifiable only by the two black dots and black line.. That is, their eyes and their innards.. Sooo excited!! hahaa..
My sis noticed the little babies in the smaller tank where we'd transferred the water weeds that had most of the eggs attached to it. Then later, she noticed that there were some babies in the main fish tank too!! First there were 1 or 2.. Then when we started looking properly we noticed more and more!! So, we decided to transfer them to the smaller tank lest they get eaten by their parents... sis started scooping them up using a plastic cup. I helped. We got about 8-10. Then we stopped cause didn't seem like there were anymore. After dinner, I went back to the tank to have a peep and I noticed more. I ended up transferring ANOTHER 10!! Then I left the tank for a while.. then I found ANOTHER 3 after that!!!! >< I think they're all hiding at the bottom of the tank amongst the pebbles. Cause I realised after a while that they were settling down there. There's still at least a couple more in the tank. :( Kinda got too tired of scooping them up.
Oh.. and the horrifying thing? You know how I said that they might get eaten up by the parents? Well, it happened right in front of me while I was trying to 'save' one of them but I couldn't get it cause it was in the corner of the tank.. suddenly the big fish comes along gulping as usual and GULP the fishy went into his mouth O.O !!!!! >.<
Aiyoh.. look la.. this is how interesting my Saturday night is..=.=.. My goodness.. I need some social life!!! yikes!!!! >.<
In other news, can someone please do me a favour and tell my sis that it's NOT okay to shout at someone to go clean the vacuum bag or about this and that while SOMEONE IS SLEEPING..
Or better still.. Please tell her that it's NOT OKAY to SUDDENLY barge into someone's room talking at the top of her voice while knowing that SOMEONE IS SLEEPING.
Muchos appreciated thank you. My weekend-sleep-ins are really becoming quite hard to implement thanks to disturbances... sigh.
Fishieeess.. we have translucent baby fishes that are identifiable only by the two black dots and black line.. That is, their eyes and their innards.. Sooo excited!! hahaa..
My sis noticed the little babies in the smaller tank where we'd transferred the water weeds that had most of the eggs attached to it. Then later, she noticed that there were some babies in the main fish tank too!! First there were 1 or 2.. Then when we started looking properly we noticed more and more!! So, we decided to transfer them to the smaller tank lest they get eaten by their parents... sis started scooping them up using a plastic cup. I helped. We got about 8-10. Then we stopped cause didn't seem like there were anymore. After dinner, I went back to the tank to have a peep and I noticed more. I ended up transferring ANOTHER 10!! Then I left the tank for a while.. then I found ANOTHER 3 after that!!!! >< I think they're all hiding at the bottom of the tank amongst the pebbles. Cause I realised after a while that they were settling down there. There's still at least a couple more in the tank. :( Kinda got too tired of scooping them up.
Oh.. and the horrifying thing? You know how I said that they might get eaten up by the parents? Well, it happened right in front of me while I was trying to 'save' one of them but I couldn't get it cause it was in the corner of the tank.. suddenly the big fish comes along gulping as usual and GULP the fishy went into his mouth O.O !!!!! >.<
Aiyoh.. look la.. this is how interesting my Saturday night is..=.=.. My goodness.. I need some social life!!! yikes!!!! >.<
In other news, can someone please do me a favour and tell my sis that it's NOT okay to shout at someone to go clean the vacuum bag or about this and that while SOMEONE IS SLEEPING..
Or better still.. Please tell her that it's NOT OKAY to SUDDENLY barge into someone's room talking at the top of her voice while knowing that SOMEONE IS SLEEPING.
Muchos appreciated thank you. My weekend-sleep-ins are really becoming quite hard to implement thanks to disturbances... sigh.
Comments