Phtoblog: The one where I discover. I'm such a loser..not la!!
It's the one where I discover I might have an obsession with.. well, sparklers.
Why?
I have sparklers of varying sizes. No.. nothing big about that. sure.. But what about having sparklers that are almost a METRE long? no.. not only that.. I also have a medium sized one.. and then there's also the normal sized ones.. And then I have those tiny ones and I also have those awful horrid coloured ones which produce so much smoke!
Thus.. I shall dedicate this blog post... to sparklers.
Introducing... the BIG kahuna of all sparklers!
At $3.00(I think...) per pack. These better be good. One pack consists of 6 rods. I still have 5 left after only using one..


sorry.. forgot to take pics of it before it was burnt. metal has been slightly bent.
Let's light it..


oooooooooo...

aahhhhh


Sparkle quality was rather.. disappointing actually. For such a BIG piece of metal.. I expected BIGGER sparks. Disappointing...
Burning time: 3 minutes and 19 seconds.
And then.. you have the medium sized ones.

Waaahh!! Sparks better leh!!!
Burning time: 2 minutes and 51 seconds.
Cost: If I remember correctly.. It was $1.50.... but it's a dollar something for a pack of 6-8.
And then you have the inbetween medium and tiny...

*cough* *gag* *cough* *gag*
Oh crap.. it's the coloured smokey ones.. cough cough cough!!
I think these are the normal sized ones.. If I'm not mistaken.. or maybe not...
Sparkle quality.. All I see is smoke.. Gag.. There's colour... but I think I rather stick to NO colour and NO smoke.. or barely any smoke.
Burning time: 49 seconds.
Cost: unknown
And then.. You have the TINY ones!

Waahhhh

]WAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!! Sparkles were so big that they kept whacking my hand.. Nah.. not painful one.. just prickly!! hehehe.. THis is the BEST quality sparkles!!!
Burning time: 31 seconds.
Cost: Dollar something for a 6 packs with 6 pieces in each pack.
For size comparison:

The longer piece is the 'in-between' one and those are the tiny ones next to it..

This compares the sizes of the large, medium and tiny sparklers.(Didn't discover the in-between ones until I had finished playing with these)See the size differences??
The verdict....
OKay.. For sparkle quality, I've come to realise that the SMALLER the sparkler.. the BIGGER the sparkles! Yes.. Interestingly weird!
HOwever.. By taking into consideration cost, sparkle quality, and burning time.. I think, for me the winner would be...
THE MEDIUM SPARKLER!
Why? Because it's something different. The burning time is just 20 seconds shy of the largest sparkler but the quality of sparkles were at least 3/4 of the small ones.
However, cost wise.. I think it's best to stick to the SMALL packs. You get 36 pieces for the same price. Each giving you about 30 sec burn time. SO basically in total you get about 18 minutes of fun whereas the medium ones give you about 17 minutes of fun. And the sparkle quality of the sparklers are BRILLIANT!
So, there you have it.. my take on SPARKLERS.
I still have yet to find a venue for me to release my super bombastic fireworks! Where the HECK am I going to go!??? Boo!!:(
ps: If you have any suggestions for me for a place around town where I can go to let my fireworks off. Please inform me! Thank yOu!
Why?
I have sparklers of varying sizes. No.. nothing big about that. sure.. But what about having sparklers that are almost a METRE long? no.. not only that.. I also have a medium sized one.. and then there's also the normal sized ones.. And then I have those tiny ones and I also have those awful horrid coloured ones which produce so much smoke!
Thus.. I shall dedicate this blog post... to sparklers.
Introducing... the BIG kahuna of all sparklers!
At $3.00(I think...) per pack. These better be good. One pack consists of 6 rods. I still have 5 left after only using one..


sorry.. forgot to take pics of it before it was burnt. metal has been slightly bent.
Let's light it..


oooooooooo...

aahhhhh


Sparkle quality was rather.. disappointing actually. For such a BIG piece of metal.. I expected BIGGER sparks. Disappointing...
Burning time: 3 minutes and 19 seconds.
And then.. you have the medium sized ones.

Waaahh!! Sparks better leh!!!
Burning time: 2 minutes and 51 seconds.
Cost: If I remember correctly.. It was $1.50.... but it's a dollar something for a pack of 6-8.
And then you have the inbetween medium and tiny...

*cough* *gag* *cough* *gag*
Oh crap.. it's the coloured smokey ones.. cough cough cough!!
I think these are the normal sized ones.. If I'm not mistaken.. or maybe not...
Sparkle quality.. All I see is smoke.. Gag.. There's colour... but I think I rather stick to NO colour and NO smoke.. or barely any smoke.
Burning time: 49 seconds.
Cost: unknown
And then.. You have the TINY ones!

Waahhhh

]WAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!! Sparkles were so big that they kept whacking my hand.. Nah.. not painful one.. just prickly!! hehehe.. THis is the BEST quality sparkles!!!
Burning time: 31 seconds.
Cost: Dollar something for a 6 packs with 6 pieces in each pack.
For size comparison:

The longer piece is the 'in-between' one and those are the tiny ones next to it..

This compares the sizes of the large, medium and tiny sparklers.(Didn't discover the in-between ones until I had finished playing with these)See the size differences??
The verdict....
OKay.. For sparkle quality, I've come to realise that the SMALLER the sparkler.. the BIGGER the sparkles! Yes.. Interestingly weird!
HOwever.. By taking into consideration cost, sparkle quality, and burning time.. I think, for me the winner would be...
THE MEDIUM SPARKLER!
Why? Because it's something different. The burning time is just 20 seconds shy of the largest sparkler but the quality of sparkles were at least 3/4 of the small ones.
However, cost wise.. I think it's best to stick to the SMALL packs. You get 36 pieces for the same price. Each giving you about 30 sec burn time. SO basically in total you get about 18 minutes of fun whereas the medium ones give you about 17 minutes of fun. And the sparkle quality of the sparklers are BRILLIANT!
So, there you have it.. my take on SPARKLERS.
I still have yet to find a venue for me to release my super bombastic fireworks! Where the HECK am I going to go!??? Boo!!:(
ps: If you have any suggestions for me for a place around town where I can go to let my fireworks off. Please inform me! Thank yOu!
Comments