God and I, today's sermon and I miss Auckland?
Had more durians today.. Been having heaps of them this trip.. Not that I'm complaining.. Just a tad worried about putting on weight and getting too heaty. There's this tendency for me to fall sick quite easily due to the heatiness of durians. Durians were purchased by Uncle and Aunty Lee, dad's ex-business partner and his wife. Gosh.. the aunty's always been really good at springing surprise visits laden with yummy goodies.. Which leads to my silliness on Saturday night, getting all grumpy with mum and all.. for all the wrong reasons.
It's kinda hard for me to meet up with uncle and aunty. They're quite busy and well, I suppose.. so am I. So, well... Saturday night they called for dinner.. I did previously ask mum and dad to call them out for dinner but mum wasn't keen because she thought it wasn't nice etc.. cause Aunty had called before we went to Kluang as she wanted to buy dinner. Mum had this ridiculous notion that it wasn't right for us to call them because aunty would probably pay for dinner and mum thinks that is rude... to call someone out and they pay for dinner. Duh.. I just thought we could just buy them dinner and screw that whole thing. But anyway, late on Sat, aunty called mum to invite us for dinner. I was kind of suffering from mild food poisoning/indigestion throughout the day. Earlier that morning I woke up with painful stomach cramps but got slightly better over the course of the day. Mum declined the dinner offer cause she thought I was still sick and she was cooking a simple soup noodle dinner for us instead. I was silly and got annoyed at mum for not asking me before declining. Tsk.. it's so silly really.. bleh.. Don't know where my sense of logic runs to sometimes.
Talking about it.. I think I really am not used to being a morning person anymore! Gosh, i was quite anti-social and a little grumpy today for waking up early in church.. Hard to say.. Maybe it's cause I'm feeling a little detached from God lately. Sigh.. it feels awkward. I think I'm going through like a second teenage phase.. Come to think of it, I don't know if I actually did go through this whole moody teenage phase to be honest. Maybe I'm just making up for lost time? hahaha.. who knows? I need to get over some barriers in my life.. It's becoming so bad that I just don't know how to deal with things anymore.. I need to go back to God.. I really do... sigh.. God, you still want this awful sinner? bleh.. I know the answer to that... just a matter of whether I want to...
But anyway, parents and I had Father's day lunch in San Francisco steakhouse. Food there's pretty good. I wouldn't mind going there again. I had the lamb shank.. The lamb shank was cooked very well, with meat just falling off the bone but not disintegrating. I loved the mash but my only gripe was.. the sauce wasn't to my liking... Though, The lamb and the mash went well together.. mmmm :) But ended up taking away like 1/3 of my dish. Mum and dad contributed some of their steak as they couldn't finish as well. Btw, their bread is yum!! Soft and all.. I love soft rolls.. hahaha.. I guess I'm just so typical asian that way XP. Don't like hard rolls... the Germans sure like their rolls hard.. well, most of them. haha. We ordered 2 soups as well. Oxtail and the chowder. The chowder came in a bread 'bowl'. Oxtail soup was different. Curry flavoured.. very asian. I prefer the other kind.. the one in broth.. While the chowder turned out to be quite nice though. Not too creamy.. and again.. the bread was good.. my parents and I finished it while other ppl pretty much left the whole bread.. seriously.. what a waste!!
I didn't wish daddy Happy Father's day... it felt awkward.. I didn't know how to.... The day just started off not so great... Sigh.. I just let myself wallow in negativeness. Funnily enough.. the sermon today kinda applied to me.
Ask, seek and .....err.. forgot the last word.
Basically talked about how if we seek or ask God for something.. we will get it. Matthew 7:7-12. Haha. I remembered.
Some 'science' was also involved. I cannot remember what was the name of the scientist.. But this Jap scientist analysed the effects of the surroundings on the ice crystals formed. Funny... they really were different depending on the location the water came from, or the 'feelings' that were sensed during the ice-crystallisation process.. to the music that was being played! Suffice to say, rather 'negative' things such as a person telling the water droplet that it was 'useless etc' didn't form a crystal, neither did the droplet that was exposed to heavy metal music form a crystal.... Also when a person either spoke Adolf Hitler's name or thought of him..
The scientist in me kind of started thinking la.. *geek*. I thought about how it must be some kind of waves that was being transmitted.. If it was through voice, then maybe the tone of the voice etc.. negativity in a voice can be sensed right? so there must be a specific tone to it.. Or if it's a thought, then there must be some kind of vibe considering our brain works by sending electric pulses.. So negative thoughts.. negative pulses? hahah.. who knows? Telekinesis... but yes.. Also, I started questioning the work of that scientist.. whether there was repeatability in his experiments and that it was not only due to chance! Hhahaha.. Repeatability and consistency! I would like to read that paper.. *omgoodness.. i AM really a geek!*
Basically, if one starts off the day with negative thoughts, the day just ends up worse.. If one starts with good happy thoughts, then the day will be happier.. Makes sense. When one is happy, one will be more perceptive of the positive things happening around them. While if one is negative, one will only ponder on the negative.
I just saw a picture of the Auckland skyline... You know.. I actually do miss Auckland a little.. Haha.. My heart actually moved a little when I saw that picture.. Then I started reading the blog of someone from Auckland.. and I do kind of miss just chilling around with a good glass of wine. Can't really get good wine served as per glass here in M'sia.. and the atmosphere I suppose.. Yeap.. I actually do kind of miss Auckland! Surprise surprise...
Though, I'm still gonna miss Malaysia heaps! Plus, not really keen on ending my holiday! GAH!
Thinking of the positive! I get to see someone (in person) after 3 long months. Oh.. I can't wait to just feel his arms around me.. (fine, you can go puke now XP)
It's kinda hard for me to meet up with uncle and aunty. They're quite busy and well, I suppose.. so am I. So, well... Saturday night they called for dinner.. I did previously ask mum and dad to call them out for dinner but mum wasn't keen because she thought it wasn't nice etc.. cause Aunty had called before we went to Kluang as she wanted to buy dinner. Mum had this ridiculous notion that it wasn't right for us to call them because aunty would probably pay for dinner and mum thinks that is rude... to call someone out and they pay for dinner. Duh.. I just thought we could just buy them dinner and screw that whole thing. But anyway, late on Sat, aunty called mum to invite us for dinner. I was kind of suffering from mild food poisoning/indigestion throughout the day. Earlier that morning I woke up with painful stomach cramps but got slightly better over the course of the day. Mum declined the dinner offer cause she thought I was still sick and she was cooking a simple soup noodle dinner for us instead. I was silly and got annoyed at mum for not asking me before declining. Tsk.. it's so silly really.. bleh.. Don't know where my sense of logic runs to sometimes.
Talking about it.. I think I really am not used to being a morning person anymore! Gosh, i was quite anti-social and a little grumpy today for waking up early in church.. Hard to say.. Maybe it's cause I'm feeling a little detached from God lately. Sigh.. it feels awkward. I think I'm going through like a second teenage phase.. Come to think of it, I don't know if I actually did go through this whole moody teenage phase to be honest. Maybe I'm just making up for lost time? hahaha.. who knows? I need to get over some barriers in my life.. It's becoming so bad that I just don't know how to deal with things anymore.. I need to go back to God.. I really do... sigh.. God, you still want this awful sinner? bleh.. I know the answer to that... just a matter of whether I want to...
But anyway, parents and I had Father's day lunch in San Francisco steakhouse. Food there's pretty good. I wouldn't mind going there again. I had the lamb shank.. The lamb shank was cooked very well, with meat just falling off the bone but not disintegrating. I loved the mash but my only gripe was.. the sauce wasn't to my liking... Though, The lamb and the mash went well together.. mmmm :) But ended up taking away like 1/3 of my dish. Mum and dad contributed some of their steak as they couldn't finish as well. Btw, their bread is yum!! Soft and all.. I love soft rolls.. hahaha.. I guess I'm just so typical asian that way XP. Don't like hard rolls... the Germans sure like their rolls hard.. well, most of them. haha. We ordered 2 soups as well. Oxtail and the chowder. The chowder came in a bread 'bowl'. Oxtail soup was different. Curry flavoured.. very asian. I prefer the other kind.. the one in broth.. While the chowder turned out to be quite nice though. Not too creamy.. and again.. the bread was good.. my parents and I finished it while other ppl pretty much left the whole bread.. seriously.. what a waste!!
I didn't wish daddy Happy Father's day... it felt awkward.. I didn't know how to.... The day just started off not so great... Sigh.. I just let myself wallow in negativeness. Funnily enough.. the sermon today kinda applied to me.
Ask, seek and .....err.. forgot the last word.
Basically talked about how if we seek or ask God for something.. we will get it. Matthew 7:7-12. Haha. I remembered.
Some 'science' was also involved. I cannot remember what was the name of the scientist.. But this Jap scientist analysed the effects of the surroundings on the ice crystals formed. Funny... they really were different depending on the location the water came from, or the 'feelings' that were sensed during the ice-crystallisation process.. to the music that was being played! Suffice to say, rather 'negative' things such as a person telling the water droplet that it was 'useless etc' didn't form a crystal, neither did the droplet that was exposed to heavy metal music form a crystal.... Also when a person either spoke Adolf Hitler's name or thought of him..
The scientist in me kind of started thinking la.. *geek*. I thought about how it must be some kind of waves that was being transmitted.. If it was through voice, then maybe the tone of the voice etc.. negativity in a voice can be sensed right? so there must be a specific tone to it.. Or if it's a thought, then there must be some kind of vibe considering our brain works by sending electric pulses.. So negative thoughts.. negative pulses? hahah.. who knows? Telekinesis... but yes.. Also, I started questioning the work of that scientist.. whether there was repeatability in his experiments and that it was not only due to chance! Hhahaha.. Repeatability and consistency! I would like to read that paper.. *omgoodness.. i AM really a geek!*
Basically, if one starts off the day with negative thoughts, the day just ends up worse.. If one starts with good happy thoughts, then the day will be happier.. Makes sense. When one is happy, one will be more perceptive of the positive things happening around them. While if one is negative, one will only ponder on the negative.
~~~~~~@~~~~~~
I just saw a picture of the Auckland skyline... You know.. I actually do miss Auckland a little.. Haha.. My heart actually moved a little when I saw that picture.. Then I started reading the blog of someone from Auckland.. and I do kind of miss just chilling around with a good glass of wine. Can't really get good wine served as per glass here in M'sia.. and the atmosphere I suppose.. Yeap.. I actually do kind of miss Auckland! Surprise surprise...
Though, I'm still gonna miss Malaysia heaps! Plus, not really keen on ending my holiday! GAH!
Thinking of the positive! I get to see someone (in person) after 3 long months. Oh.. I can't wait to just feel his arms around me.. (fine, you can go puke now XP)
Comments