Photoblog : NZIFST conference 2008 - Rotorua

As promised, here's a photoblog of what I got up to in Rotorua.. Oh good grief..my Europe pictures.. I know I know!!!

Day 1 of conference (Tuesday)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Corporate Christine looking at ya! Yo.. I look so grown up.. I think my mum would cry.. err.. :P hehehhe..

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
view from the conference centre of Lake Rotorua

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
view panning to the left.. It's a pretty nice location where the Energy events centre is.. It's like right behind the Rotorua museum.. in the Government gardens.. pity we didn't have time to take a walk about.. plus.. the weather was crap.. Actually, i think it really was just the weather AND cold that stopped us :P

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We've been tagged.. ngek ngek.. That's a VERY good way to identify people at the conference k! That would be Danae, my senior from uni.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is Rachna, one of the phD students.. okay.. this is a bad photo of her.. i didn't realise XS. But yes, that's witchy.. one of the er.. table 'markers'.. like, you know how they have table numbers? well, this cafe didn't have numbers but these unique markers. Fat Dog cafe.. food's pretty good.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Roshita, another phD student, with an er.. what I can guess is an owl.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Danae and I.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My blurry photo of my venison stew.. okay, the potato was fine.. the stew was good.. albeit sickening because it was sweet and too much kinda made me a bit jelak.. the corn however, was gross.. Definitely a frozoen one and it was mushy.. yuck.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The room i shared with danae.. It's messy I know.. but it'd already been slept in one day..

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Roshita and rachna's room.. big queen sized bed and a single which, come to think of it, looks bigger than Danae's and my bed! hahaha.. We lost this room to Rosh and Rachna when Danae and Rosh 'paper, scissor, stoned' for the room.. oh well.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The living area.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
And the kitchen off to the side with the dining area. bathroom's through that white door. There was another extra toilet... which was brilliant! More toilets the better!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
my oufit for the day.. so corporate right?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I like this shirt. Fits well and is quite comfy!

Day 2 of conference (wednesday)
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
We bailed....

The conference.. not hay.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Mooooo moooo.. I have a video of that brown err.. cow/bull going moo.. it was quite.. funny.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Okay.. this ostrich was flapping its wings at us.. and man.. see the mud? The ostrich's leg went into the mud and made the sucking *sssquuuuueeaallch* sound when it pulled it out.. hahaha.. danae was grossed out by it. Okay, so was I.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Bull?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
That's the schweeb.It's like a bicycle.. man.. I think I must've screwed up the gears on that thing.. oops.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Pony!! Mei.. lookie.. PONYYYY!!

and then.. we did the swoop.. Oh lord.. I can't believe we did it...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Okay, Danae here basically made me do it.. I was pretty err... quite leaning on the 'I don't wanna do it' side.. but she made me do it.. eh.. okay.. so fine.. I was freaked la de dah.. but when the time came..... Danae here started freaking out.. because.. we didn't realise how HIGH we were gonna go! No shit.. So you see me laughing here right? One, cause I was nervous.. Two, I found it hilarious that Danae was freaking out and I was calmer in comparison.. HAhahaa.. She was quite erm.. nervous at the top.. Especially when we were almost at the max. height and it was slooowwwlyyy going up.. Didn't help there was some wind and we were up there, with the bag/ropes CREAKING (which made Danae even more nervous). Bleh.. I hated the swaying motion though.. It was making me sick.. Btw, we were just hanging up there looking DOWN from I donno how many meters high up okay? You saw the pic in the previous post? well, go figure how HIGH that thing is! Anyway, so once the guy gives us the signal.. Danae was meant to pull a cord that would release us.. but she didn't hear the first time.. so the second time.. she couldn't FIND the cord.. and then suddenly..

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.... we were FALLING DOWN.

Danae was screaming like nuts.. I er... kinda froze up and wasn't screaming. It was more like "OH.. wow... we're.. uhm.. falling.. not swinging.. er.... wtf.. why aren't we swinging?? oo.. free falling.. so, this is how it feels.. ooo.. this is funn.. hehehehe" At one point.. all I saw was the groune beneath cause well, we were basically like this la.

Photobucket
Look at how I'm already straining my neck 'upwards'.

After some delayed reaction.. I started shouting "whooopeeeee".. Heh.. funnily enough.. But eeaaghh.. one thing I hate abt this thing is when it swings backwards? so you're basically moving backwards and you feel the pressure on your back. I figured that in combination with the swinging kind of made me a tad sick after. Anyway, didn't post the other pics up..hehehe.. Danae would kill me if I did. LOl!! Yes, btw.. notice how my face is kind of flattened? It's cause we were travelling quite fast.. apparently you can go up to 130kmph in this thing.. heh.. bugs bunny teeth very very prominent too=.=.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This was when we slowed down a tad and Danae was a happier camper :P

So, anyway.. after a short rest at the motel (and a hot cup of tea for me), we headed back to the conference centre... doing a quick tour around the government gardens with a short walk thrown in.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
This is Rachel's spring.. You might remember it from last year's rotorua trip.. can't remember if I blogged that to be honest.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
My new pink angora jacket btw! It's a bit big.. mmm.. but I guess it doesn't look too bad. It was cheap-ish.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Some pond.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
With ducks making a trail in the er... I don't know.. very overgrown with algae/weed pond.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
That be the museum!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
That's the bath house.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Later, while waiting for the bus to the brewery. Introducing to you, Lucy, who btw.. was very very nicely dressed all the time! Haha.. unlike me.. jeans on the 2nd day.. she was very ladylike.. in fact, I think she wore a dress on the last day but I didn't get a picture :( boohoo.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
With Siew, my supervisor from last year.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
That be one of the brewery er.. owners? And the big yardie?? or something.. hahaha.. With Hui and Lucy too.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
A cultural performance.. This definitely wasn't Maori but more of pacific island origin.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
That's Dinuk, one of the Fonterra grads I met over summer. Lol.. he was erm.. mesmerised by the dancers?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
With Hui

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
HUi and Lucy

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Lol!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
As you can see, I really was erm dressed 'semi-formal' for the dinner eh? heh.. wasn't actually expecting to go.. it was all unplanned.. else I would've slapped on some formal pants seriously. That, btw, is one of the managers from fonterra whom I was under over the summer.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
On the dancefloor.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
The organising chairperson rocking it.. with his crutches.. lol!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
So long, farewell.. that's the end of it!




Comments

Popular Posts