Touch down

So, I'm back in NZ. SO naturally call it 'home' as well. Can a person actually have more than one home? I'm fitting in well.. duh.. that's redundant. It certainly does feel like I have no problem resuming what I've left behind. It still feels like home here. However, I am still homesick(geez, i'm like contradicting).

One thing that always strikes me is the abundance of carpet here. Hahhaa.. Not to say that it's weird. But it's just that being so used to having no carpets for 2 plus months, I come back to a house that is fully carpeted starting from the first step from the entrance.

My heart's really heavy. OH geez. I miss my family and friends so much. Sniff. Nearly cried over dinner on the plane. Ridiculous. Superbly delayed reaction. Would've been just sooo weird if I'd started sobbing over my rubbery steak. My eyes did tear. Don't know why, but listening to Cyndi Lauper's revamped "Time after Time" with Sarah Maclachlan just made me want to cry. Stupid me, I didn't wanna change the channel either. So I just sat there choking back the stupid tears. I mean.. come on. I will be back in April right? Although only for 10 days. At least better than none. Yet, I still cannot feel that I will feel so shortchanged over that short time. No matter. I guess positive thinking is the only way to go?

Thinking about it, maybe I might try and get an internship somewhere in KL. Kinda hard though. I have absolutely no idea where to go and all. Don't have any contacts there. Sheesh.

It's 12.45. My body's so confused about time it ain't funny. Slept from 6-10. Couldn't stand it anymore. Body just was too exhausted. Barely had more than an hours sleep on the plane as usual. WEll, life goes on.

You know, it's so freaking true that you never know what you miss, until you really do not have it around you. Not to say it's lost. BUt, sigh.. you get my drift la. Although, I did know at the back of my mind that this was gonna come back and bite me in my ass just like so.

Need to find space in my cupboard to put my stuff. OH.. storage won't be too much of a problem anymore I suppose. My sister's moving out. What news to have on your first day back furthermore when you're suffering from ultimate homesickness. Hahha.. Seriously have not felt this homesick before. I think I need a scheduled cry. Just like Debra, Ray Romano's wife, in "Everybody Loves Raymond".

In other news. Erm, okay. I'm in the committee of this society called Union of Malaysian Students in Auckland(UMSA) and we're looking for sponsors. It can be in any kind. Cash, discounts for students, free gifts, just a few examples la. If anyone out there would be interested please do contact me.

OKay, the pros of sponsoring us..

-The students will LOVE you and come back to your store/use your services if we get good sponsorships.

-It IS good advertising you know. To hundred plus students. Moreover we're Malaysians(most of us.. any other nationalities welcome!!), and you know Malaysians, we're sociable and we like to SHARE good things right? hahaha.. So WORD seriously does get around cuz that's how a popular place in Malaysia gets popular.. SEriously.. through word of mouth!!! Aiyah.. me and my sisters enough ledi leh.. hahhahaa...

Not only that. It will also be possible to insert an advert of yours into say, our newsletter? And if you have banners we could always display them during activities etc.

-Christine will be ever-grateful to you and would be willing to give you kisses and hugs, because from past experiences, I suck asking people for sponsorship because I get too shy and all tongue-tied and am too nice to push for sponsorship. Sooo... PLEAASEEEEEEEE!!! Don't make me have to put on make-up and bat my eyelashes so that Ppl will give me sponsorship out of PITY!!!!!!!!!

Thank you very much. Take care. Peace on earth.

ps: Malaysian company pun boleh sponsor tau!! We are an official society. Can check with with the Malaysian Student Dept.!

Comments

Popular Posts