The journey back ...

just had a snack, a quick draft of my last day in Germany since I haven't got that written down. *edit.. looks like I finished the entry*

On the last day of the trip, woke up later than usual.. at 7.. Yes, 7 is LATE.. Got out of bed at around 7.15 and only went down for breakfast at close to 8. which is, yes, again, late. Yeesh, I was such an obedient girl waking up at times that were considered normal, albeit... a bit early?

Anyway, mucked about, packed and left the hotel at around 10 to go and do some last minute shopping. Bought something for Matt and his family. Walked around Nuremberg's old town a bit more before heading to where we wanted to have lunch only to realise.. it was closed! Sniffles.. I guess the bier places don't open early on Sundays *sniffles*. It's a good thing I remembered this hotel near to our hotel served what we were looking for and well, hotels are usually open mar. So off we went there.. dang.. I knew I would forget the name of the place! hmm... it's next to a chinese place called China Point on.. ermm.. forgot street name too.. er.. The street where Hotel Ibis is on in the old town? hehehe... anyhoo.. Had pork knuckle and schnitzel.. hmmm.. sooo goood. Quickly rushed back to hotel for a quick shower before having to check out to leave for Munich by train.

Got to the station early as usual only to find out.. the trains were delayed! groan. Our train was supposed to be at 2.27pm but we only left the station at 3.10-3.15pm.. All that while we were standing on the platform waiting.. bleh.. one thing about the countries I visited was the noticeable amount of smokers abound. Suffice to say, I smelled like a ciggarette after a while.. bluek. Even using in internet in the hotel lobby gets me all smokey smelling cause smoking's allowed in the lobby. Anyway, while waiting on the platform, the station master comes to tell us that the train has been changed to another platform! Then while we were making our way there, with him ahead of us, he suddenly stops and turns around to tell us, "back to the original platform". I don't blame him really, he was listening to the announcements over the intercom and was being really nice to tell us otherwise we would not have known! The only problem was...we were all lugging around our big big luggage that weighed at least 18kg and plus a handcarry.. T.T.

Finally got on the train and even that, it was a bit slow due to some "technical problems" where we had to stop at one point. This being the ICE train too. One of the few high speed trains in the world. Ah, just our lucky day I suppose. Well, it wasn't that bad cause we had plenty of time between getting to Munich and our flight leaving. We had to take another local train from the main station to the airport. So we were walking walking from the platform we arrived at to the underground station where our connecting train was and bleh, we took the wrong way. The way we took had only stairs. There was an escalator half way down but, it wasn't working. So, we had to carry our luggage down the stairs.. Again.. 18-20kg bags okay..auugghh.. Next time I will just walk around and look for a damn escalator/lift!

Got our tickets and 'missed' our train. It was there but my uncle was worried we wouldn't all be able to get onto the train on time. So, we waited about 10 minutes for the next one to come. Got on it... was real grumpy and was being a real spoilt brat at that point because I wanted to go to the loo and was tired from all the lugging around. heh.. I don't deal very well with tiredness.. I really really need to practise patience!

Got to the airport and checked in smoothly. Finally got to go to the loo and went to have dinner.. ahh..had my last schnitzelsemmel for a while now. So good.. Also got a tomatocremesuppen.. which was ultra like salty that made me so thirsty that I had to spend $3.50 for 0.5L of water. Bleh.. couldn't bring in water mar because of the liquid restrictions. Bought a book for my long journey on the flight as there wasn't going to be much in flight entertainment. Heh.. all the whining really for nothing.. cause, er... well, for the first time ever... I slept soooo comfortably and dead on a flight. Yes, I was sooooo exhausted that I pretty much slept almost the whole journey which was brilliant! I love sleeping through the flight man. It just goes by SO quickly! in fact, I was hoping we didn't land so soon so I could sleep more. hehehhe. Felt the most rested of all the many long haul flights I have taken.

There was another roundabout adventure when we were trying to look for the customs office to declare our goods in order for us to get our tax refund for items we had purchased. The office was behind some building works and they neglected to post proper signage showing the way. We had to ask people for directions and thank goodness this guy showed me the way. Even so, I had to walk around some quiet way in order to get to the deserted bit of the building where the office was.. yeesh. Munich airport is a bit haphazard and during boarding, they didn't even have an orderly boarding system. They just basically had everyone board at once.. Best of all, there was only one person collecting the boarding passes, 3 lines funneling into one entranceway=.=...

Again transited in Bangkok. Nothing interesting. Just freshened up. My first time brushing my teeth in a public place! hehe.. jakun betul. We then went to have some food. I wasn't feeling too well from the flight. It could've been a few things. As we were landing, they were screening a live feed of the outside bottom view from the plane, so as we got closer to land, things moved at a faster rate. This fast whizzing motion tends to make me sick.. *blergh*. Also could've been that my tummy was filled with a bit of gas that was making me queasy. I got off the plane feeling disoriented, queasy and was gagging. Lucky some hot food managed to help calm the tummy. Could've been the lactase pill my aunt gave me too. Apparently it helps with the nausea as I didn't want to take gravol which would make me drowsy. The connecting flight from bangkok to KL was a tad bumpy.. but it was okay. They served a meal as well on board. Woo.. the duck with noodles was good. I took the prawn curry which was also yum. mmm.. Food coming from Thailand is good but the food from Munich was so-so. I am really not a fan of omellette.. yelch. I really don't like it when they serve that in the mornings.

Anyhoo, I'm back safely in Malaysia. I should go to bed now. Toodles!

Blogged 3 times.. yeesh. Procrastinating in hopes for something.. le sigh.

Comments

Popular Posts