Singapore 2008 - 20-23 Mar

Day 1 Photo album here
Started off pretty early with me waking up at ~7am to make sure I was ready by the time ML and his mum came to pick me up to go to the airport. Made a pit-stop at the local 7-eleven and lucky me, the bakery was open so I managed to get "breakfast". Lol! We make it to the airport and when we get there, we check in and all the usual jazz. In the waiting lounge, we suddenly get informed that.. deng deng... the flight's delayed! bah... okay.. fine.. Originally supposed to fly off at 10.30am.. delayed by about an hour.. oh well, no biggie.

Arrive in Singapore about 45-50mins behind schedule. collect baggage and I immediately start looking around for food (Yes, something that happens with me.. quite... often). I was hungry. The bun was not sufficient to last me. Thought we might as well have something before we try and find our way to the hotel. Had BK for lunch. mmm.. BK.... lol!

Anyway, thanks to the lady at the info counter, we take a metered-cab to our hotel on Sentosa island. Yes ppl! Always take the metered cab because it's cheaper than the limousines.. although, maybe during peak hours and if you're gonna get stuck in jam, probably the fixed priced ones are better. We get to the hotel and check in.. then.. we vege-d.

Slept... I attempted to but didn't sleep for long. ML only had a few hours of sleep before cause he was rushing for his assignment. All jolly good. After our rest, we decide to go out for a romp around Sentosa.. Walk around and explored, visited the Merlion and took pictures then returned to the hotel. Get a call from Chris saying that he's finished work.. woops.. still needed to get ready! trallala..

We meet Chris at Vivo city for din din. Just walked around Vivo city and didn't do much as we were quite tired. Discussed the next day's plans before we returned to sentosa and off to bed we went! tralallaa..:)

Day 2 (oh lord.. this is actually tedious.. i think I'm going to start abbreviating!) - Photo album here
We sleep in and wake up late since Chris was at church. By the time we were ready, it was time to meet Chris. We head out and meet chris at.. uhmm.. gawd.. i have forgotten! Oh.. I think it was Bugis MRT station. Off we went for lunchies! yay! hahaa.. yes la.. eat eat eat only.. lol! but wait! We did walk through Bugis street mall to get to our lunch destination la okay! So consider did some sightseeing already la ok!

After lunch, Chris takes us on a tour around Sim Lim and Bugis street mall. We end up in Bugis Junction where I end up shopping. Lol. The boys and I split up and went our own ways. Me to shop, Chris to go back home to get his glasses as his contacts were giving him grief and ML back to the hotel. At this point of time, I was starting to have a migraine from the heat earlier. groan. Later, I make my way back from Bugis Junction to the hotel to freshen up before heading out to meet Chris again at Clarke Quay. Suffice to say, by the time I arrived back at the hotel, I was grumpy as cause of my headache and because I was tired.. Bleh..

We meet Chris later that night for din dins. Head to Clarke Quay where we have dinner at Brewerkz. Okaylah, erm, kwai loh food. heheh.. I had a pot pie.. mm.:) We walk around clarke quay, well, Chris and I did while ML took loads of pics.. At one point we lose him. lol! But we didn't mind. ML trotted off to take his pics while Chris and I walked around Clarke quay where I ruined my newly bought shoes!!!!! *cries* all within a few hours of purchasing them.. sigh... no biggie.. it's okay now. IT's something I can live with! We both end up at.. uhmm.. some coffee place.. Coffee club? dunno.. hahaha.. we have a Mudpie there.. mmm.. Chris.. remember the mudpie? It was nice. hehehe.. like ice-cream.. i like the base. Later, we walk around. They have this sky-screamer thing in Clarke Quay as well! hahah.. Chris and I encouraged ML to go for it since he was keen on.. hahah.. we were totally pushing him to do it.. but it was good hor ML? I'm sure you enjoyed it!

The best entertainment of the night was watching ML ride the sky screamer.. bwahahhahah!! You definitely need to show everyone the CD man!!! hahahha..

We just hung about a bit before catching a taxi home for some much needed rest! Oh wait... ML and I ended up at Cafe del mar at like 2 something in the morning. Lol! I still have to get the photos off him actually.. ah well.. it was good. Just chilling under the night sky and some oddly lit coconut trees. wheee... I didn't really like the music though...it was alright. Cocktail of the night ==> Singapore sling.. "When in Rome, do as the Romans do."

Day 3See photos here
I'd originally wanted to do some much needed shopping... but.. I also wanted to hang around the beach as well.. in the end, I ended up in... deng deng deng... Cafe del Mar because i was hungry and they had lunch and nicest atmosphere! lol.. mmmmm.. Long Island iced Tea + spring chicken on risotto. I didn't like the risotto. The spring chicken was alright. But the risotto was too cheesy for my liking. I chilled while ML took a swim to little "smiley"(his words.. not mind) islands and dipped in the Cafe del Mar pool. was going to stay longer but the looming clouds made me decide against it.. We moved back to the hotel to freshen up and then headed out (by taxi.. cause I was sick of having to walk to the station on Sentosa island to get to the train/buses) to the mall.. er.. I forgot which one. bwahaha..

I shopped there for a couple of hours, buying.. a dress and 3 tops.. and.. er... nothing else! bwahahhaha.. So sad. Met up with Chris Ong and went to have dinner. After dinner, Chris Ong accompanied me back to the shoe store to get the pair of shoes I'd seen earlier as i thought I was going clubbing and needed a nicer pair of shoes... it turns out, we didn't go clubbing in the end, not that it was a bad thing because i was super super exhausted.. So, i thought those shoes were wasted.. but hey! I just tested them yesterday and they super pass the clubbing test! I danced in them for like 2 hours and my feet were still okay!! woot!

Chris Ong and I walk around Marina Square(I think) area and went from one mall to another while waiting for Chris(Lee) to finish his dinner. Damn.. I so regret not being able to venture to these other malls!! boohooo!! Somehow, Chris Ong and I ended up in front of Raffles Hotel... so, I decided.. oh, what the heck, let's go try the "original"(so they say) Singapore sling! Moreover, Chris Ong didn't believe me when I told him what Chris Lee had earlier told me.. that the bar's floor is full of peanut shells!!!! Yep!

So, as we walked up the stairs to Long Bar, suddenly Chris Ong goes "wah!! Really laaa!!" Blur me(cause tired di mar) goes, "huh????". "There.. peanut shell!" said Chris Ong while pointing to a peanut shell on the staircase.. lol!! That was surely not enough to prepare us for what actually lay before us on the floor of Long bar..

We sat around, had a chat and Chris Lee and Sue Ann joins us later. Later on, we move onto HOoters as Sue Ann had not had anything to eat. Was really tired so left early-ish.. was nearly about to faint. Return to the hotel to see ML all cosied up in bed with a beer in hand...watching.... a....... chick... flick.

Day 4

Well, woke up reasonably early as I had to take our luggage to Chris' flat before attending church as it was easter sunday!(sheesh, better finish this fasterrrr.... i need to sleep!). Hopped onto a cab and then made my way to Tampines(pronounced Tam-peh-knees btw!! lol.. not Tam-pins). Get there and I'm feeling awful from car-sickness and exhaustion. Yes, I was very much green looking by the time I got Chris'. LOL! Thanks to his hot milo and a bun.. I think it helped. We then make our way to his church. yaY! I survived:D was so worried I was so sick that I wouldn't be able to tahan..

After church, we head to Orchard road. Chris and I have some snackies from the takashimaya market thing-a-majig. Mm.. beard papa cream puffs are good! Yes, i do realise there is Beard papa in M'sia too but well, wth.. hahah.. I decided to just try there la since I was hungry. Filled myself semi-full with Beard papa cream puff+takoyaki. We were gonna later go to 'Din Tai Fung' for siu long bau.. mm.. the siu long bau is good :D. Lol, ML so blur.. he ordered something he didn't like.. cause he didn't know what there was.. some more the menu right next to him =.=.. hahahha..

after that, we walk around Far east plaza where Chris Ong joins us and soon enough, it was time for us to make a move! Had to quickly buy some things for parents. I ended up buying mochi from takashimaya! Lol.. yes, Japanese mochi from Singapore.. go figure.. It was damn good la okay.. and well, I haven't been able to find them here la in KL.. whatever. hahaha.. I am sooo glad I got the chocolate ones! They were soooo good! I dare not say that I got anything from Singapore also *shy*.. Cause supposed to give to people but then.. ehhhh... whoops! Termakan habis(eat finish)!

Chris Lee and Sue Ann headed in a separate direction as Chris had a dinner with his relatives while ML, Chris Ong and I take a cab to Chris lee's to ML and my luggage. Yes, there was no mistake there.. Chris Ong accompanied ML and I to airport while Chris Lee went for dinner and we had to stop by Chris Lee's flat. Lol.. He gave me a set of his keys to invade his house. hehehe! Chris Ong accompanied us to airport before heading off by MRT to go fishing! lol!! that guy like old uncle now.. hahaha.

Ramen for dinner at the airport and then in we went for some duty free shopping! Wheeee! Then we realised, whoops! late to the gate.. *Rrrruuuunn*

By the time we got home it was like past 12. Poor ML, had to work the next day some more.

Anyway, that concludes my memoir for Singapore 2008!

Comments

Popular Posts