08-08-08 , 08:08:08

Yeah, it's the figure 8's today.

Chinese believe 8 is a good number. Yeap.. So, there'll be like a barrage of people getting married today.. Not to mention the Olympics will be officially started today.

And heck, it's Matt's sister's birthday today! How cool is that. Hmm..

Anyhoo.. just read Swan's blog post about the Olympics. She's so hyped out about it... I think I've long lost the hype over the Olympics.. Somehow things were much bigger back in Malaysia.. mm... I somehow get the feeling people in NZ aren't really as hyped out over this in comparison to Malaysians.. maklumlah, Malaysians all hangat-hangat tahi ayam(Proverb which sort of means all excited about the latest things only) one. Like, if the Olympics come around.. ppl go nuts.. Or the F1 race, or the Commonwealth games, or anything. Malaysians don't necessarily need to be in love with something to suddenly go crazy over it. hahaa.. I can safely say so because I'm like that too.. Getting caught up with the whole craze! Like how I went nuts over World Cup.. when I really.. don't usually watch soccer at all.. loL!!!

But anyway, deviated from the subject already. I remember enjoying watching all the games in Malaysia. It was real fun a few years ago when we had gotten Astro(satellite TV). There were like 5 or so dedicated channels for the Olympics.. so, chances were that there'd be something I'd be interested in watching. Unlike here in NZ. For the last Olympics, I barely watched anything. Mostly because of the awkward time difference.. ONly having ONE channel to watch (TV One) and they seemed to usually feature an event I find boring (like.. wth.. lawn bowling if I'm not mistaken.. or maybe that was the COmmonwealth games.. whatever). I like watching gymnastics, both rhythmic and artistic, diving, swimming sometimes.. But I find these sports don't really get much coverage sometimes. Anyhoo.. I wonder how long the Olympics will be on for. This time around, I might be able to catch it more since I'm :

a) unemployed i.e. a bum

b) Time difference shouldn't be as big as the last games.

c) THere's an extra channel now since we've got Freeview! WOooots..

Mmm.. oh dear, Aditi will be here though. hehe. That's alright.. I'll just get her to watch as well..

~~@~~


Read Mei's blog post about a certain bank officer who doesn't have PR skills. Kudos to her for her action! The best decision ever!!!

Alright.. I'm off now to sew a button into my shirt for my next interview, whenever that will be!

Need to wake up early to send sis to work.. again.. Fridays = drinking i.e. have to send her cause she don't wanna drive.. mar fan betul.


And yes, I DID type this post ahead of time and have set it to publish at 8.08am on the 08/08/08. Hahaha.. too bad I can't do it down to the second with it being at 8:08:08. Oh well, let's assume it did aye?

Comments

Popular Posts