Elliot Stables.

Sneezing like nuts now. Blah.. Thinking it's the cold.. I need to keep myself warm. It's cold today and colder last night/this early morning. Brrr.. Trying to save some money so I'm trying not to use heating as much as possible. Though, I think I should've warmed my room up a tad. It was too freezing cold this morning. At 6am, I somehow woke up and I was just so cold. I usually sleep in my nightshirt and had socks on with a polar fleece blankie and a duvet to keep me warm.. It just was NOT enough. Sometimes, it gets warm enough that I even kick off my polar fleece in the middle of the night; but it was simply TOOO cold this morning that my legs were icy cold!!! I was so cold that I just didn't want to get out of bed to put on a pair of tracks or reach out for my jumper. PLus, too stingy to switch on my heater.. I ended up like an armadillo. All balled up. So much for trying to 'sleep on my back' for better posture. =.=.. Super fail.. I ended up in a superbly round ball. TSk. Sheesh, I've said 'cold' so many times in this post already!

Went for lunch with Melissa in a really quaint little place. I like it. According to Mei Fang it's new. I was told by my sister about it. She didn't know the place either. She said it was like a foodcourt, which it was... a European foodcourt really! hahaha.. The place I'm talking about is Elliot Stables. Yeah, no prizes for guessing what it used to be back in the day. Having done some sleuthing online, I now know that Elliot Stables is the building home to QQ Rice, Tony's Steak House and Samurai Sushi (I don't actually know this place, but maybe some of you may). That's not all to it though..

From entrances off Elliot street, facing Smith and Caughey's, There's this new(or maybe not) food gallery that is home to a tea house, a wurst(sausage) house, a creperie, a Japanese sushi place and the chocolate cake company is there. Also there is a florist, apparently a whisky store and a fine wine store! I also saw a store named 'The Kapiti Store' and my guess is it's related to one of New Zealand's fine ice-cream brands. Mmm.. Forgot to check it out though! Woops! It was at 'Frankie's Wurstbude' where Mel and I ended up getting our semmels from :D.. The place has a selection of European sausages (well, and maybe African as well since there's Moroccan and South African sausages! lol). It was yum! mmm.. Apparently it's owned by a SOuth African.. but anyway, the guy serving was quite chattery and well, at times annoying but funny. He kept asking me why I was laughing. Well, it was hard not to! sheesh. I really liked that place because part of it really had the old European feel which reminded me of the places I'd been to in Europe. With the cobblestoned path and all (which I had plenty of trouble walking on with my kitten heeled boots!) I think I'll go back there again. Probably on Saturdays(cause not opened on Sundays) since wherever I'd work would probably not be in town.

For $7.50 you get a sandwich with onions, sauerkraut, cheese, any sauce of your choice (I took 3 types of relish/pickle type of sauces - a red coloured relish, a green cucumber type (edit: I think it's gherkin) relish, and a yellow mango pickle/relish/I forgot (edit: I remember I remember!! it's CHUTNEY!!)! Bwahhaha.. Yes, so traffic-light like. I didn't realise until I was halfway through eating it. No wonder the guy serving was like "Wow.. she's really going for all sorts of colours!". You also get to choose from 3 types of bread - French baguette, Ciabatta or Herb. I took herb and Mel had Ciabatta. I had the Bratwurst which wasn't too bad. Mel had the Moroccan which she liked. Will definitely bring Matt there to try :D.. Next on the 'want to try' list is Torchon Creperie!!!! Ooo.. gonna bring parents there too!! hehehe.

An article here and Elliot Stables' page here Looks like there are more stores to come !!

I'm freezing cold.. Hmm... I really should get down to booking some driving lessons! Anyone can recommend a good driving instructor?

Comments

Popular Posts