*bliss* & horror.

Mmm....

I have found my new relaxing thing. Mmm.. maybe aromatherapy really does work.. Mmm..

I smell so yummy, if you got a whiff of me now, you'd want to lick me.

Mm..

Cause, i smell like vanilla. It's my new body wash. It's sooo yummy~!!! I loovveee vanilla.

In continuance with my lab mishaps. Today, I, Christine the dumbo, spilt my reaction material which contained acetyl chloride, methanol, sodium carbonate and toluene. It's all fine and dandy.. Except 2-3 of those things listed are HAZARDOUS and TOXIC. Some even with high ratings..

So, it got onto my lab coat and some splashed onto my face. I count my blessings it didn't splash into my eyes. I was not really wearing the proper erm.. protective eyewear. I kept forgetting. Sigh. that will teach me a lesson.

I can't even remember what happened. I think I was emptying the waste into my waste bottle when i realised I had to clear away the centrifuge tubes containing water before they got soiled so that I wouldn't have to wash them. I had another centrifuge tube in my left hand containing waste. I think I dropped the tube with water and was trying to catch it and then somehow the tube in my left hand just fell and I thought "Just let it fall" before I realised that the CAP was LOOSE. TOo late. The tube bounced off the fume cupboard edge and splattered all over. I jumped back whacking my head on the fume hood in the process. And then I had solvent on my lab coat and some splattered on my face.

Walked to the study area.. smelt like toluene, qucikly took off my lab coat.. Didn't really know what to do before I came to my senses to wash my face.

Sigh.. there's a moral to this story people.

Lab accidents are real. Stick to the rules people!!!!!

post =edit: ..................... *&(@(*!&(!&*!&!!!! I should've re-washed the labcoat again just now.... The spot where the stuff got onto smells stinkingly like FARKING FISH OILLLLLLLLLLLLL RAAAWWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRr...

AAhhhh.. it STINKS... *cries*

Comments

Popular Posts