Lost cause..

I have officially OD-ed on Krispy Kremes I think.. Well, at least my stomach feels weird and I think it could be the krispy kremes... *groan* and probably TOO MUCH junk food over the looonnngg weekend... gosh, I love short weeks... Like 2 day short weeks :D Today was a short day at work too.. Well, in the office at least... I left the office to head to a lawyer's office in the city and spent the rest of the afternoon going over an affidavit, getting it sworn and talking about being a witness in court. Free Chai Latte.. can't complain...

Which reminds me... Thank goodness for chai latte's! I feel quite unprofessional for not drinking coffee... LOL.. like a kid maybe.. While everyone around me drinks coffee like don't know what... I was wanting to order my usual.... Hot Chocolate.. But, I realised how unprofessional and kiddy that seemed.. although, I suppose it shouldn't matter. I was contemplating on what to get cause I didn't want tea and was too shy to get hot chocolate... then I spotted it... Chai latte... PHEW!! :D hahahha.. so from now on, I'll just order Chai Latte when I'm like having professional meetings.. lol.. I'm so 'elite' that way.. rofl..

During our discussion over coffee/chai latte (;P), there was this really surreal feeling that passed over me.. Here I was discussing my job as if it was something I knew so well... how I should have been designated by now while all the time, at the back of my head, I just kept thinking about how in a month's time.. I probably won't even be in this job anymore. Sigh.. such an odd odd feeling...

Anyway, my next topic of discussion is in relation to my post title, "Lost cause".

Was talking to my younger cousin who was talking to my sisters earlier via messenger... She was complaining about being bored because she's currently on school holidays.. Fair enough.. I suggested to her she read books.. I somehow had this inkling that she wasn't one to read books. Well, her and probably the majority of others in her generation anyway. Which makes me think about how her generation would be missing out on such a wonderful thing. It's probably one of the cheaper entertainments (if I suppose you borrow books from the library) and it's educational! Helps you improve your grammar and vocab definitely. hahaa.. And yes, I did poke fun at her for her spelling and basically told her, "See, that's why you need to read"... My goodness.. I'm such a nag. >.<...

But anyway, reading!! It's such a joy!! I really feel sorry and quite worried that such a thing would become extinct. Kids nowadays only find joy in the adrenaline pumping activities.. Computer games... tv shows.. cartoons.. mmm.. but books can be adrenaline pumping too.... :( Less technical though. hehe..

I remember in primary school. We had this program running where you are encouraged to read as many books as you can and you have to record it down. You have to also write a summary of the story as well which obviously indicates that you actually READ the book I suppose... I didn't take it as seriously.. I only recorded whatever I had read down hastily before I submitted my book...

Some time later, I was just as usual sitting in line during assembly one day. I don't think i was even paying attention when my name was called! I was the winner for my category (I think) for having read the most books! Amazing.. i was actually quite proud to be honest.. Haha.. Imagine that.. I think if there were some major bullies at school.... I probably would have been prime victim numero uno! Hahha.. winning the award for having read the most books... wearing geeky glasses and being absurdly geekily ugly..=.="" I fit the profile.. Nonetheless, I FELT PROUD and was HAPPY! It didn't matter that it was a geeky award.. I won something for doing something I liked doing.. reading. :D

That encouraged me to try and read more and win the next round.. but sadly, that wasn't to be :(...

I guess there's no real point or moral to this post, but more like... I think "school reading programmes" should be implemented with gusto! More interesting books should be allowed and well, kids should be encouraged to read up on what they enjoy most... and not restricted! Well, of course adult material should be restricted XP ahahh..

But yes, I believe we are in danger of losing one of the more healthy habits, Reading. I suppose, you could argue and say that we've already probably lost most of our healthy habits already... :( So sad.

P.s.: Lucy Chen! I called your 2-3 times trying to contact you to say "Have a safe journey and my best regards to your grandma. Lots of hug hug hugs from me!!" but I just could not get through to you.. But then I got busy and when I remembered, you'd probably had been in the sky for like xxx hours already.. boo :( Miss you.. take care my dear!

Comments

Popular Posts