The odds of oddity.
Today was a mixture of frustration, a ray of hope which led to excitement, much 'boh chap-ness' (couldn't be bothered attitude), and just general lack of motivation and quite an annoyed mood. My mood lifted up after lunch.. still was a bit low to be at work. Still, things started to pick up towards the end of the day where I was quite a bit more cheerful. Even visited a fire station in the afternoon to drop some stuff off.. hehehe.. I was joking about asking the firemen if I could slide down the poles.. but there weren't any in sight though..
After work, I tried taking a 'shortcut' which I'd identified in my map. Pretty much took a bit of a detour to get into Cornwall park via the Stardome Observatory entrance to try and drive through the park to Campbell Road. I drove and drove and drove with no sign of the 'turn' I was meant to take.. I took a turn and kept driving....... by that time, I had this inkling that I was on the wrong road. I kept driving and guess where I ended up?
THE VERY ROAD I WAS TRYING TO AVOID!!!!! =.="""""
What I did? I drove the WHOLE of Cornwall park, from one end to the other *bangs head on wall*. To remind you, I actually took a DETOUR around initially too.. So I'd done a 360 =.=""""
To add to the ridiculousness of the situation, there was no need for me to avoid Greenlane Road because there wasn't much congestion on it today! D'OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nevermind.. I got a err... dusk drive through the park.. omgosh.. it's so scary when it's dark cause there are no lights!! People actually JOG through the park too! There's Twin Oak drive which has trees lining both lanes and people jog in the middle and it's sooo dark and eep!! Man, they're brave!
Quite hilarious I suppose.. It's a good thing I wasn't in TOO much of a hurry.. hahah.. I think I would've been real angry otherwise.. my bad though. I didn't read the map properly. Uhmm.. the 'road' wasn't exactly a 'road'. I just thought it was a road cause there was a road name over the bit that showed it was not really a road but more like a footpath! =..="
Anyway, so I continued on my journey to Lloyd Elsmore for badminton through Ellerslie Panmure Highway..
Here comes the frustrating bit..
Remember this incident from exactly 2 months ago? That of course, following shortly after this other incident.
Can you believe the odds? Exactly 2 months following my car getting hit by a female driver while stationary at the traffic lights, I get hit again by a female driver while I am stationary at the traffic lights... only this time, worse.
All I know is, I heard someone honk.. I looked in my rear view mirror, saw a car coming fast, screamed, and BAM!
First thing that came into my mind when my eyes met with the driver who was on the other lane, was to wind down my window and ask, "Can you please be my witness?". Well, sweet. Although, another thing to learn this time. I should make sure he knows what's the number plate of the other car.. mmm. well, more experience I suppose.
Again, this person did not think to put on her hazard lights. I guess, granted.. both were probably shocked.. though, I think they're pretty duh cause it's so dangerous. This case even worse I think.. she was all like panicky and upset.. Restricted driver. Like the other lady, I instructed them to turn on their hazard lights.. This lady turns on her engine instead and her lights.................. Where, pray... do tell, did she get her license?? Hazard. lights..... NOT HEAD lights...=.="" I got so annoyed I stuck myself in her car and turned it on for her.
RAWRRRRRR!!!! My poor car car :( This time it's worse... and there's actually a small gap where I can stick my fingers into the boot.. dang nabbit.. you know what that means? I can't possibly drive that around for a month while waiting for a courtesy car to free up. *auuuuggghhhhh* :( How la like that?
I shall leave you with a photos of my poor car car.. Everyone loves car car so much that they want to kiss it..




Car car.. you must be in so much pain :(
After work, I tried taking a 'shortcut' which I'd identified in my map. Pretty much took a bit of a detour to get into Cornwall park via the Stardome Observatory entrance to try and drive through the park to Campbell Road. I drove and drove and drove with no sign of the 'turn' I was meant to take.. I took a turn and kept driving....... by that time, I had this inkling that I was on the wrong road. I kept driving and guess where I ended up?
THE VERY ROAD I WAS TRYING TO AVOID!!!!! =.="""""
What I did? I drove the WHOLE of Cornwall park, from one end to the other *bangs head on wall*. To remind you, I actually took a DETOUR around initially too.. So I'd done a 360 =.=""""
To add to the ridiculousness of the situation, there was no need for me to avoid Greenlane Road because there wasn't much congestion on it today! D'OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nevermind.. I got a err... dusk drive through the park.. omgosh.. it's so scary when it's dark cause there are no lights!! People actually JOG through the park too! There's Twin Oak drive which has trees lining both lanes and people jog in the middle and it's sooo dark and eep!! Man, they're brave!
Quite hilarious I suppose.. It's a good thing I wasn't in TOO much of a hurry.. hahah.. I think I would've been real angry otherwise.. my bad though. I didn't read the map properly. Uhmm.. the 'road' wasn't exactly a 'road'. I just thought it was a road cause there was a road name over the bit that showed it was not really a road but more like a footpath! =..="
Anyway, so I continued on my journey to Lloyd Elsmore for badminton through Ellerslie Panmure Highway..
Here comes the frustrating bit..
Remember this incident from exactly 2 months ago? That of course, following shortly after this other incident.
Can you believe the odds? Exactly 2 months following my car getting hit by a female driver while stationary at the traffic lights, I get hit again by a female driver while I am stationary at the traffic lights... only this time, worse.
All I know is, I heard someone honk.. I looked in my rear view mirror, saw a car coming fast, screamed, and BAM!
First thing that came into my mind when my eyes met with the driver who was on the other lane, was to wind down my window and ask, "Can you please be my witness?". Well, sweet. Although, another thing to learn this time. I should make sure he knows what's the number plate of the other car.. mmm. well, more experience I suppose.
Again, this person did not think to put on her hazard lights. I guess, granted.. both were probably shocked.. though, I think they're pretty duh cause it's so dangerous. This case even worse I think.. she was all like panicky and upset.. Restricted driver. Like the other lady, I instructed them to turn on their hazard lights.. This lady turns on her engine instead and her lights.................. Where, pray... do tell, did she get her license?? Hazard. lights..... NOT HEAD lights...=.="" I got so annoyed I stuck myself in her car and turned it on for her.
RAWRRRRRR!!!! My poor car car :( This time it's worse... and there's actually a small gap where I can stick my fingers into the boot.. dang nabbit.. you know what that means? I can't possibly drive that around for a month while waiting for a courtesy car to free up. *auuuuggghhhhh* :( How la like that?
I shall leave you with a photos of my poor car car.. Everyone loves car car so much that they want to kiss it..




Comments