No. 1 BBQ , Manukau Rd. BOYCOTT!!!!!

I have just thought of the most brilliant idea ever... and it all stemmed from my dining experience tonight.. Ah well.. not gonna tell cause they my idea will be known to the world!!!

Anyway, dinner...

We went to No. 1 BBQ Restaurant on Manukau Rd., Epsom. I've been there before a couple of times.

First time I went there, I thought it'd be like the one in town where you can order smaller sized dishes where the dish comes on top of rice. 'Stir rice' they call it.. or like noodles.. We were only given the menus for like full dishes.. Fine.. I just ordered and decided to bring the leftovers home. Later on, a couple comes in and they ask for a different menu.. it's for the smaller dishes! grrr =.="

Nevermind. We were now smarter and knew what to do in the future. So, we went there another time and ordered stir rice. All good. Today...we went there again. When I asked for the other menu... the waitress told me that they don't do that anymore! I asked another waitress and she pretty much said the same thing. So fine, we order dishes and I took home leftovers again for lunch. The thing is... later, when we were walking to the counter to pay, Matt & I saw this couple sharing from a plate of stir rice..... what is this???

I know this will sound racist, but I think it's damn true. The guy at the table was pakeha/white. As usual, I think that he's just been given preferential treatment.

When I enquired at the counter how come they don't do the smaller meals anymore, the lady looked surprise.. I caught her off guard! I'd been CHEATED!!!!! She offered the explanation and a lame apology. According to her, they can do it. Her explanation/excuse was that the waitresses were probably instructed by the chefs not to accept such orders for today onlybecause they were down by 2 chefs.. She also said that it might've taken longer for the meals to come if we'd ordered from the smaller menu. I think this is bull.

This is why:

- She said that they cook according to tables. Which is fine. We're sitting at a table. So, when it comes to my order, shouldn't mine be cooked accordingly?

- If she meant that the chefs were specialists in cooking certain things, e.g., noodles and they were busy with other orders due to lack of staff. They COULD have told me that some items were not available.

- The waitress DID NOT convey to me that they were not accepting the orders for smaller meals today only as informed to me by the cashier. She just basically told me that they no longer do those meals at night.

- IF noodles were not available at night, then how come they were unable to make 'stir rice' for me. The thing about stir rice is, a lot of of the dishes available on the small menu ARE available on the MAIN menu. Therefore, the ingredients should have been available and I don't see the reason why the chef could not have cooked the dish for me. Why? Cause it would be cooking EXACTLY the same thing only in SMALLER portions.

Therefore, I believe that I have been had by these people.

In consequence, they have now lost my patronage. Pity.. it was a convenient place. But no, I will not go there! Hmmft.. In fact, me and any other person whom I can tell NOT to patronise.

I should have listened to my workmate when he mentioned that another workmate had a bad experience. Hmmm..

Comments

Popular Posts