Photoblog: A week ago.. part 6&7
Okay.. So this is the final one. BAsically of my last day and a half in Melbourne.
Day 6 in Melbourne started bright and early. I woke up at 6.30am. Took my shower and washed my hair. .Ahhhh.. it was soooo good. Then had to leave Tiff's by 8 something to get back to the city in time to return the rental car. I had decided to return it a day earlier to save some money since we had no plans to go anywhere. SO, off I was to the city at about 8.30am. Drove back to Melbourne city ALONE. Omgoodness. YES... you heard me right. ALONE...
TIff and I basically went through the Melway(Melbourne map) in order to map my way back to the city. Thank goodness for the Melway and TIff. Hehehe..
ON the way back.. there was this Merc that was broken down in the middle of the motorway. Aiyah... I had to like avoid him. It was so hard as there was a continuous flow of traffic. Omgoodness.. So annoying!!!

There.. I took a picture of the car. Quite a new model leh!

Traffic jaaaaamm...

*sulks*
Oh yeah.. got a bit lost.. but found my way back thanks to the Melway! ehhehehheh


Heeeyy!! I was on this bridge the night before!!!wooooo..
Finally made it back to my hotel to like drop off my luggage and all. made my way to the car rental place and returned the car.
THen. headed to Queen Vic market to meet Quin and forage for some food. Also to buy macadamia nuts.

Introducing to you 'Borek'. A mediterranean dish.

THat metal thing squirts jam into doughnuts!!!

quin with her yummy doughnut.. yum yum. ngaaauum!


Brazil nuts and walnuts

ROses!! so pretty!!! AND cheap as well!!!
Oooo.. someone gave me one today.. sniff sniff..What a surprise.. heheheh.. I LIKE!!!
After purchasing a bloody huge amount of macadamias(FIVE kilos to be exact), I took the tram back to my hotel to deposit the stuff and then headed to the city for lunch with Quin. Now, it was not all that simple really because I watched as the tram I needed to take just whizz past me while the stupid lights took its time in letting me cross the road!!!AAAWrrghh.. I had to STAND at the tram stop for like 10 minutes before the next one came along.. *bawls* STanding there with FIVE kilos of macadamia nuts.. AAAAAAAA...
Anyway, I also had to go search for a box. Cuz my bag was too full. Had to go to the local supermarket. Approached the most fatherly looking man there I could find. hehee.. it worked! ehhehehe.. I got my box. Brought the boxing tape and proceeded back to my hotel. Missed another tram as I walked back to the tram stop(which was er.. real close to the supermarket). Groan. That morning alone I think I missed 3 trams!
Anyway, had lunch at a vietnamese place with Quin. THen checked out the Myer sale. It was okay. Bought some stuff for sisters and bf.
on the way back to the hotel.. stopped at a bakery. Gone case. Bought a custard puff, creme caramel AND a strawberry tart. Supposedly just to get breakfast. Haih..

That was the only thing left for breakfast. The strawberry tart. Kept me full though. Although, it was quite custard-like by the time I had the chance to eat it. Funny image though. Asian chick wolfing down a very messy tart while sitting at one of those random chairs at the end of the check-in counters. hehhehehee..
Anyway.. had dinner at night with a couple of old high school mates at this Japanese restaurant.

It was good to catch up with everyone. Clockwise from left. Quin, me, eisya, alia, shi zhou and neehad.
It was fun catching up and finding out how everyone was doing. We've all changed in a lot of ways yet we are still the same people. More mature and all. Outgoing.. Different.. yet all the same nonetheless :).
And of course.. I HAD to go to Crown for THIS!!!

DURIAN ICE-CREAM!


Enjoying our wonderful ice-cream!!
After Crown, I was too exhausted and all. So, in the end, I just ended up going back to my hotel. Was originally planning to hang around city till late. But I ended up going back early at 11pm. hehe.
Day 7.. The final day in Melbourne. Woke up early again at like 6.20ish. Hahaha.. yeah. I was such a good girl. Indeed. Got ready for the shuttle. It came early at 7.20 instead of the proposed 7.45. Omgoodness. I made like 4-5 ppl wait for me. -.-" So embarrassing!!
Anyway.. Here's the waiting lounge. I got so bored since my mp3 player died on me and boarding was slightly delayed. *yawn*


Leaavinng on a jet plane.. Don't know when I'll be back again......
SO long Melbourne. It was a good albeit tiring trip. But that's what most holidays are aren't they? YOu usually end up needing a holiday from your holiday.
THat's it everyone. THe end of Melbourne 2006 chronicles. THanks for staying tuned. Might blog some handwritten 'posts' I wrote whilst on my trip.
Day 6 in Melbourne started bright and early. I woke up at 6.30am. Took my shower and washed my hair. .Ahhhh.. it was soooo good. Then had to leave Tiff's by 8 something to get back to the city in time to return the rental car. I had decided to return it a day earlier to save some money since we had no plans to go anywhere. SO, off I was to the city at about 8.30am. Drove back to Melbourne city ALONE. Omgoodness. YES... you heard me right. ALONE...
TIff and I basically went through the Melway(Melbourne map) in order to map my way back to the city. Thank goodness for the Melway and TIff. Hehehe..
ON the way back.. there was this Merc that was broken down in the middle of the motorway. Aiyah... I had to like avoid him. It was so hard as there was a continuous flow of traffic. Omgoodness.. So annoying!!!

There.. I took a picture of the car. Quite a new model leh!

Traffic jaaaaamm...

*sulks*
Oh yeah.. got a bit lost.. but found my way back thanks to the Melway! ehhehehheh


Heeeyy!! I was on this bridge the night before!!!wooooo..
Finally made it back to my hotel to like drop off my luggage and all. made my way to the car rental place and returned the car.
THen. headed to Queen Vic market to meet Quin and forage for some food. Also to buy macadamia nuts.

Introducing to you 'Borek'. A mediterranean dish.

THat metal thing squirts jam into doughnuts!!!

quin with her yummy doughnut.. yum yum. ngaaauum!


Brazil nuts and walnuts

ROses!! so pretty!!! AND cheap as well!!!
Oooo.. someone gave me one today.. sniff sniff..What a surprise.. heheheh.. I LIKE!!!
After purchasing a bloody huge amount of macadamias(FIVE kilos to be exact), I took the tram back to my hotel to deposit the stuff and then headed to the city for lunch with Quin. Now, it was not all that simple really because I watched as the tram I needed to take just whizz past me while the stupid lights took its time in letting me cross the road!!!AAAWrrghh.. I had to STAND at the tram stop for like 10 minutes before the next one came along.. *bawls* STanding there with FIVE kilos of macadamia nuts.. AAAAAAAA...
Anyway, I also had to go search for a box. Cuz my bag was too full. Had to go to the local supermarket. Approached the most fatherly looking man there I could find. hehee.. it worked! ehhehehe.. I got my box. Brought the boxing tape and proceeded back to my hotel. Missed another tram as I walked back to the tram stop(which was er.. real close to the supermarket). Groan. That morning alone I think I missed 3 trams!
Anyway, had lunch at a vietnamese place with Quin. THen checked out the Myer sale. It was okay. Bought some stuff for sisters and bf.
on the way back to the hotel.. stopped at a bakery. Gone case. Bought a custard puff, creme caramel AND a strawberry tart. Supposedly just to get breakfast. Haih..

That was the only thing left for breakfast. The strawberry tart. Kept me full though. Although, it was quite custard-like by the time I had the chance to eat it. Funny image though. Asian chick wolfing down a very messy tart while sitting at one of those random chairs at the end of the check-in counters. hehhehehee..
Anyway.. had dinner at night with a couple of old high school mates at this Japanese restaurant.

It was good to catch up with everyone. Clockwise from left. Quin, me, eisya, alia, shi zhou and neehad.
It was fun catching up and finding out how everyone was doing. We've all changed in a lot of ways yet we are still the same people. More mature and all. Outgoing.. Different.. yet all the same nonetheless :).
And of course.. I HAD to go to Crown for THIS!!!

DURIAN ICE-CREAM!


Enjoying our wonderful ice-cream!!
After Crown, I was too exhausted and all. So, in the end, I just ended up going back to my hotel. Was originally planning to hang around city till late. But I ended up going back early at 11pm. hehe.
Day 7.. The final day in Melbourne. Woke up early again at like 6.20ish. Hahaha.. yeah. I was such a good girl. Indeed. Got ready for the shuttle. It came early at 7.20 instead of the proposed 7.45. Omgoodness. I made like 4-5 ppl wait for me. -.-" So embarrassing!!
Anyway.. Here's the waiting lounge. I got so bored since my mp3 player died on me and boarding was slightly delayed. *yawn*


Leaavinng on a jet plane.. Don't know when I'll be back again......
SO long Melbourne. It was a good albeit tiring trip. But that's what most holidays are aren't they? YOu usually end up needing a holiday from your holiday.
THat's it everyone. THe end of Melbourne 2006 chronicles. THanks for staying tuned. Might blog some handwritten 'posts' I wrote whilst on my trip.
Comments