MAS' attempt at fusion food.
"About a week and a half ago, I was on a flight back from Auckland to KL when we were served our first meal of the flight.
The first thing that popped into my mind when I uncovered my food was "oooh.. doesn't look too bad.. Chicken with what looks like white sauce and rice. Hmm.. think the portions have shrunk a bit. Oh well, MAS budgeting I suppose."
ONe bite of the chicken signalled 'edible' in my brain.
A spoonfull of the rice made me raise my eyebrows. Nasi lemak rice?? Coconut rice with white sauce chicken?? This is.. definitely..... erm... different.
So, maybe the MAS caterers were trying their hand at fusion cuisine. Injecting a little bit of malaysian cuisine into well, a western sort of cuisine. To me though, it felt as if it was Nasi lemak gone seriously wrong.
Just 5 months ago, I took the same flight back to KL via the same route. The quality of service and food has deteriorated by a lot since then. It is rather appaling as the price of the tickets have not exactly decreased in price but the service we seem to be getting sure makes me feel like I should be paying less for the airfare.
I do understand MAS is trying to cut back on expenditure as they've been losing money. However, to do so until it affects their quality of service? I seriously think that it isn't very right to shortchange the passenger. Dear MAS, this is one dissatisfied customer who can't even seem to find a customer feedback link on your website!"
Wrote on The Star's citizen blog. Don't know if it will be accepted. Just venting a little frustration.
The first thing that popped into my mind when I uncovered my food was "oooh.. doesn't look too bad.. Chicken with what looks like white sauce and rice. Hmm.. think the portions have shrunk a bit. Oh well, MAS budgeting I suppose."
ONe bite of the chicken signalled 'edible' in my brain.
A spoonfull of the rice made me raise my eyebrows. Nasi lemak rice?? Coconut rice with white sauce chicken?? This is.. definitely..... erm... different.
So, maybe the MAS caterers were trying their hand at fusion cuisine. Injecting a little bit of malaysian cuisine into well, a western sort of cuisine. To me though, it felt as if it was Nasi lemak gone seriously wrong.
Just 5 months ago, I took the same flight back to KL via the same route. The quality of service and food has deteriorated by a lot since then. It is rather appaling as the price of the tickets have not exactly decreased in price but the service we seem to be getting sure makes me feel like I should be paying less for the airfare.
I do understand MAS is trying to cut back on expenditure as they've been losing money. However, to do so until it affects their quality of service? I seriously think that it isn't very right to shortchange the passenger. Dear MAS, this is one dissatisfied customer who can't even seem to find a customer feedback link on your website!"
Wrote on The Star's citizen blog. Don't know if it will be accepted. Just venting a little frustration.
Comments