I...
am my own worst critic.
Blah.. I hate the stuff I cook.. because it's never good enough..
I always find SOMETHING wrong with it.. I just think I basically.. suck.. at cooking. Although my sisters say I'm fine... I still don't feel comfortable cooking for anyone because I seriously think that my food's only passably.. good enough. SO yeah.. what if I'm a perfectionist?
Anyway.. baking has always been.. something of an okay thing for me. WEll, pretty darn good stuff have come out of the oven. The one thing that I have ALWAYS prided myself on are... or were.. my brownies.
NOw, OKay.. so today I made a triple recipe of brownies. Ended up with one huge tray and one smaller pan of brownies. THe small pan I brought over to my cousin's as a birthday present to his gf. The bigger one I left home. So, I rushed off to my cousin's with the small tray. Brownies were yum.. perfecto might I add... When I got home, I proceeded to cut the tray of brownies into slices.. From the moment the knife hit the brownie.. I knew something was amiss.. It was too difficult to cut through.... Ohmygoodness..
THE BOTTOM OF THE BROWNIES WERE BLACK!!!!!!
*Dies*
*screams*
In all the years I've baked.. NEVER have I burnt anything... like that before.. Pure black bottoms!!! OMGOODNESS!! Yes yes.. so maybe I'm being a bit of a drama queen here.. But seriously.. ARGH!!!!!
Valuable lesson learnt from the night.. That tray is not good for baking brownies. It's too thick.. retains too much heat AND that doesn't matter if your batter is damn chun. The tray you use can cause certain death to your sweets.
This is so bad.. some more the first time I'm baking for someone.. *sniffles*.
Blah.. I hate the stuff I cook.. because it's never good enough..
I always find SOMETHING wrong with it.. I just think I basically.. suck.. at cooking. Although my sisters say I'm fine... I still don't feel comfortable cooking for anyone because I seriously think that my food's only passably.. good enough. SO yeah.. what if I'm a perfectionist?
Anyway.. baking has always been.. something of an okay thing for me. WEll, pretty darn good stuff have come out of the oven. The one thing that I have ALWAYS prided myself on are... or were.. my brownies.
NOw, OKay.. so today I made a triple recipe of brownies. Ended up with one huge tray and one smaller pan of brownies. THe small pan I brought over to my cousin's as a birthday present to his gf. The bigger one I left home. So, I rushed off to my cousin's with the small tray. Brownies were yum.. perfecto might I add... When I got home, I proceeded to cut the tray of brownies into slices.. From the moment the knife hit the brownie.. I knew something was amiss.. It was too difficult to cut through.... Ohmygoodness..
THE BOTTOM OF THE BROWNIES WERE BLACK!!!!!!
*Dies*
*screams*
In all the years I've baked.. NEVER have I burnt anything... like that before.. Pure black bottoms!!! OMGOODNESS!! Yes yes.. so maybe I'm being a bit of a drama queen here.. But seriously.. ARGH!!!!!
Valuable lesson learnt from the night.. That tray is not good for baking brownies. It's too thick.. retains too much heat AND that doesn't matter if your batter is damn chun. The tray you use can cause certain death to your sweets.
This is so bad.. some more the first time I'm baking for someone.. *sniffles*.
Comments