I daresay, there's nothing creepier when your neighbour's dog starts howling like crazy... okay.. it's the kind of howling that is continuous and sounds like a tape recorder O.o urk.

For the past two days I seem to have this attraction for cockroaches or some sort of disgusting thing la. On sunday after church, we went to this kopitiam to go have lunch. Chicken rice mar.. Mmm.. miss it. Yum yum.. Anyway, suddenly there was this like 4-5 crawling tiny insects, which my parents insist are baby cockroaches, crawling around on my table.. YEEELLCHHH. Squished them with a tissue.. they didn't look like cockroaches though. Still.. whatever.. YUCK..

Then yesterday, I was at Carrefour looking at soya milk. Let me tell you this.. there's like a very very interesting selection of soya milk here. They have honey soya milk, rose flavoured soya milk and even gula melaka(palm sugar) flavoured soya milk. Wanting to try something new, I reached for the gula melaka soya milk.. Lifted one two cartons and saw a bloody cockroach scuttling about.. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHH!!! Proceeded to IMMEDIATELY put the cartons back down. That would explain why the cartons looked a bit.. grotty.. Yelch.. Probably cockroach crap. Then I realised.. there wasn't just ONE...cockroach.. There were more than 5 at least. That's just .. awful!!!! I mean.. I can understand one or two.. but man.. SO MANY!?EEEWWWW.. Suffice to say.. I made a formal complaint. Mum says dad had the same problem last time. Ugh.. Obviously they haven't done anything to rectify the roach problem. It really grossed me out so much that I walked back to the soymilk section two times and still could not bring myself to take the cartons of soy milk.. Yah lah.. what to do. SEmi hypochondriac mar. Then finally, third time back there.. mum was the one doing the taking. I was banging the bloody carton to get the friggin baby roach off only to realise there was a bigger roach in the hole on the shelf close to where I was banging my carton.. *sweat*...

Anyway.. and that's what I've been up to.

I've been noticing a lot of things lately. Like.. things uniquely found in Asian countries I suppose. Things such as ...

  • a really old junk car driven by an old pak cik. He was holding up traffic but I really couldn't help but feel sorry for him. Probably trying to get somewhere and not having anyone to rely on.
  • A man in the back of a open air truck in the rain.. holding a really ratty umbrella trying to shield himself from the rain. There was another person as well in the back.
  • Workers.. and the state in which they have to work in.. you really wonder how much they really earn. Definitely not much. Again, I feel sorry for them. I think it was at the this coffee place I go to rather often. I keep seeing the same workers there everytime I go. I just wonder how long they actually have to work and all.

There have been other things which I've noticed. I just can't seem to remember them at the moment.

Bumped into an old schoolmate, Nicholas Anil, from high school. It's amazing. I managed to remember his name. Which is awfully good. Mum was trying to complain to him about the roach problem. Aiyoh.. malu. -.-". THen he suddenly went "Christine!".. before I realised it was him. Goes to show that I'm still easily recognisable ^.^ I guess I haven't changed much. Chit chatted with him for a very short while before I had to go. I know that he's doing Mass Comm in Sedaya and next year's his last year. I also bumped into Sye Yi whom I didn't know was already back. She leaves for Sabah tomorrow I think. So basically that's my opportunity to meet her till I return again next year.

It's so fast. In about a week I'll be back in NZ again. Time just flies. It seems like the older I get, the less enthusiastic I become. Now, I seem to be happy with just having all of my favourite food just once. I'm satisfied enough then. lol.. oh well. Anyway, I better be off. I still need to finish my report tonight. I don't want to hang onto it any longer.

Comments

Popular Posts