Leaving one life to continue another again soon, for the 5th time in 4 years.

Lately I've just found peace in the quietest of places. Standing under the temporary tent my dad, uncles and cousin put up this afternoon past midnight in a light shower of rain. In the dark corner of the house where the piano is located... driving around late at night to all the familiar places around my neighbourhood.

On Friday, I took a drive around. From Vee Han's place, I drove around my old high school. Drove past Taipan and past the mamak in USJ 9 close to SK's where we spent many many nights talking till the wee hours of the morning during my first or second trip back from NZ. Then it was a loop back to my housing area where I decided to go for a longer drive to places where I used to cycle around as a child. GOne is the old palm oil estate that bordered the back of my housing estate. It's all filled with houses now. I think the houses have been there for a couple of years now. Possibly 3-4 years. They look very lived in. It's just.. odd I suppose. Then I finally decided to drive home. Lonely it was but something which was ... different and random I suppose.

WEll, suffice to say. This year, the CNY mood has not really bitten me much. Have not been feeling all too great physically and emotionally. THerefore the lack of motivation to celebrate. THis year, I've chosen to take a backseat to things and just to sit back and listen most of the time. Yeah.. aunt said I was very quiet this time around and asked if it was because I missed my bf? LOl. Oh well. It's all good. Things don't just stop moving just cause one person chooses to be quiet for once.

Comments

Popular Posts