I am in a dilemma. There's a job.. but it's not really what I want to do. The pay's not that attractive either (well, being realistic here la okay)... and well, the prospects well, aren't really there I suppose.. Not that I think anyway..

There are, however, the positive things. I will probably get two types of accreditation if I join this company. Paid for of course. The course for one of them is apparently quite difficult. Mmm.. Nevermind of course I mean.. It's not the first time I'd had to cram like nuts. The other is a course that's not held often. Probably not as useful but alright I suppose. Not a bad thing to have extra stuff under my belt. The job is very hands-on. Quite. I would spend quite a fair bit of my time on the factory floor. Good to learn but it'll mean having to get along with the factory workers who are well, pretty much all Samoan I think. Not that I have anything against it. I was well warned though that they pretty much have their own psyche. I don't mind trying to get along with them. Though, it's still quite daunting when I think about having to spend most of my time there. I know that I will definitely have to gain their respect. Apparently it'll be easier for me because I am female and the blokes usually have more respect for the females. Sounds good.. but I know for sure that I will definitely have to change the way I am. I can't be mousey or anything. Will definitely have to act more blokey.. i.e. no skirts at all to work... cause.. well, I'll be in the factory!

I don't know, to be honest.. I'm not very keen.. but well, it's a job. I don't know if i should take it. What does one do?

Comments

Popular Posts